Chapter Twenty-Seven

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

I thought things were starting to get better, I mean Bella was finally socialising again, not just with Jake and I but also with her friends from school.

However as usual with Bella and I something had to go wrong. And this time it was the fact that Jake had suddenly disappeared. It happened so quickly, one moment we were calling and texting, then suddenly he cuts both Bella and I off.

And I'll be honest I literally have no idea why.

I blink rapidly as I hear the loud patter of rain fall onto the windscreen of our truck. Bella convinced me to go and confront him with her.

We pull up and I instantly spot him walking away from his house.

Bella immediately parks and jumps out of the car, leaving the keys in the ignition.

"Jake!" Bella shouts, advancing towards.

"Hey!" I yell as I rush towards them, the rain drowning me.

Jake stops and turns around, glaring coldly at us.

"You cut your hair off?" Bella asks appalled.

"And got a tattoo," I say confused.

He just looks at us with a painful expression.

"Bella, Emily," Jake says, softly.

But Bella ignores him, "I thought you were too sick to come outside.....or pick up the phone when I call."

"Go away," Jake snarls at us.

"What!?"

"Go away!"

"What happened to you?" I ask him, getting annoyed by his attitude.

"What's wrong? Hey!" Bella says grabbing his arm as he turns to leave, "What happened?"

"Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?" I ask, extremely pissed.

"No, Sam's trying to help me. Don't blame him," Jake says to me, "but if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love? The Cullen's"

I stare at him in shock, so does Bella.

"I don't know what your talking about," Bella starts mumbling.