Chapter Sixty

Here's a small present for the day. Enjoy xx

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

There was no burning.

No pain.

Nothing.

I couldn't feel anything.

My body was completely numb.

Still as a statue.

I flicker my ears ever so slightly, to the sound of venom spreading its way through an individual next to me. A mumbling echoing in my head as people debate in another room.

My eyes suddenly regain their ability to move, blinking wide open, sharpening as I circle the room taking in every detail of the small room.

Sitting up, I twist my head to my left, dark blue capturing my vision.

"Bella," I mumble, realising the blue was her dress.

Her heartbeat was slowing down, meaning she would wake up soon.

Swinging my legs over the side I carefully stand up, once again getting used to my abilities. I place my barefoot on the ground, shivering as it connects to the cold wooden floorboards.

I edge over to my sleeping sister, running a hand through her hair, "I'll see you soon," I lean down planting a kiss on her forehead.

From a distance I could hear the others talking in a different room, unaware that I had woken up.

I walk over to the door, twisting the knob letting it creak as I pull open the door.

The voices automatically stop, the silence spreading like wildfire as I tiptoe into the living room. All heads turn to look at me in surprise.

I scan the room noting a small bundle squirming around in Esme's arms.

"Wummy!" The baby cries out.

Compelled to investigate the immediate pull I had to this little one I step forward, only for Jasper to press his hand up against my chest.

My instincts kick in and I unintentionally slam him to the floor.

I shake my head, looking down at my husband who winces slightly.

"Oh, Jazz!" I exclaim worried, I bend down yanking him up by the hand, "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."

Emmett chuckles, "Look out Mama bear is here! And she's protective."