Chapter Twenty-Eight

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

"Hi Billy," I greet, politely.

Belly frowns and pushes past Billy rushing into the house, heading straight for Jake's bedroom.

"I'm sorry about Bella," I apologise, but Billy waves his hand, silencing me.

"Don't worry about it."

Bella appears in the doorway, advancing out of the house down to the group of boys standing a few yards from the house.

I quickly move to catch up with her, "Bella, don't!"

"What did you do?" She shouts forcefully at them, "he didn't want this."

She pushes them and gets into their face.

"Bella, stop, Bella don't aggravate them, you'll make this whole situation worse," I say.

They all stop and look at me.

"What do you know? What did he tell you?" One asks us.

"Nothing, he wouldn't tell us anything because he is scared of you," Bella shouts.

They all laugh at her.

"No Bella don't," I shout but it's too late she had already slapped him, across the face.

"Paul, calm down," Sam orders.

Paul begins growling, he was losing control.

"Bella, come here, let's move away," I say, dragging Bella back.

Sam looks at me questionably but turns his focus back on Paul.

Paul then shifts into a werewolf.

I stand there and look it right in the eye, I stand my ground.

Bella on the other hand breaks free from my grips and runs away.

Paul looks at me and snarls but I don't back away. Sam moves over to me and tugs on my arm slightly to move me out of harm's way.

Jacob appears out of nowhere and jumps over Bella, transforming into a werewolf.

Bella looks shocked but I already knew, so I was fine.

Paul and Jacob start to play fight and go off into the woods.

"Hey, take Bella and Emily back to Emily's place," Sam says.