Chapter Seventeen

Emily PoV

Emily PoV

"I've had to fight our kind before, they're not easy to kill," Jasper explains, as we enter the garage.

He holds my hand tightly as he keeps me close to him.

"But not impossible," Emmett replies, "We'll tear him apart and burn him to pieces."

I cringe at this, I mean ripping someone apart. That's awful.

"I hadn't realised the thought of killing another creature, especially a sadistic one like James," Carlisle says.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rose then asks, stopping what she was doing.

I glance at her, a small smile on my face. She knew I was grateful for what she was doing, but obviously she doesn't want to help Bella.

Edward ignores her, "Jasper and I will take Bella and Emily, we'll run them south away from the tracker."

"No Edward, James knows that you and Jasper won't leave Bella or Emily," Carlisle replies to Edward.

"I'll go with Bella and Emily," Alice says, "Caleb and I will drive them south."

I sigh knowing that I'll be separated from Jasper.

"I'll be okay," I whisper.

He frowns as I turn to leave.

I suddenly feel a hand on my wrist, twirling me back around and into Jasper's embrace. He crashes his lips to mine, holding my waist. I snake my arms around his neck, kissing back softly, letting the insane fireworks fly between us. I got so drawn into the kiss that I only just realise that Jasper's family was stood watching us.

I pull away, placing my hand on Jasper's cheek, tracing are scar on his neck.

"Jasper," I murmur, "You have to let me go."

He sighs, releasing his grip on my waist, allowing me to jump into the car behind me. I take a quick seat next to Bella, glancing back at Jasper a smile on my face. Along with a deep blush, from him kissing me. I mean I never thought it would be like that, when kissing him. My heart felt like it would explode from the sudden affection I feel for him. That may have been our first kiss but to Jasper it seems as though he wanted to make sure it wouldn't be our last.

"Rosalie, Esme could you put these on so that the tracker will pick up on Bella and Emily's scent," I hear Edward ask politely.