Chapter Sixty-One

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Darkness has fallen outside, while I'm curl up against Jasper's chest, Matthew wrapped in my embrace.

I hold a heated bottle of animal blood, encouraging Matthew to suck it. He happily drinks it, his hand on top of mine as I help steady the bottle.

I side glance over to both Leah and Jacob who were fast asleep on the sofa nearby their imprints.

Jasper reaches out to stroke my cheek, whispering softly in my ear, "You're so beautiful."

I smile, planting a kiss on his lips, lifting Matthew up so he now stood on my lap, me holding his tiny hands.

The glass doors to my left suddenly open wide revealing an ecstatic Alice Cullen. Gasping at the loud noise, Matthew loses his balance falling onto my chest. A rumbling chuckle emitting from my mouth.

Alice gestures for me to come over, so I hand Matthew over to Esme who enters the room along with Carlisle, Caleb and Emmett.

Bubbling with excitement Alice rushes in front of Bella and I, "Happy Birthday!"

I grin happily, Jasper wrapping his arm around my waist affectionately.

Bella shakes her head with a light scoff, "I stopped aging three days ago."

I roll my eyes at Bella as Alice smirks at us, "Well, we're celebrating anyway. So suck it up."

I bite my lip reaching out to take the large bronze key she held out for me. Curious I turn to my husband who was suppressing a smile.

"C'mon," Alice states walking out, her hand tugging mine with her.

We approach the balcony together. She instantly jumps down, laughing as I copy her actions, landing gracefully next to her.

Bella emerges from the front door, Edward and Jasper following her.

She rolls her eyes at me, "Was that necessary?"

"No..." I shrug mischievously, "...But it was fun."

Jasper shakes his head in amusement entwining his hand with mine as we follow Alice into the forest.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

After what felt like hours we finally stop in front of a small cottage enclosed around several trees.