Chapter Sixty-Six

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

I sit staring absently at the endless snow as Edward drives down the road at an increased speed.

He hesitantly pulls up to a large driveway ten minutes later. Cutting the ignition, turning to Bella and I.

"Stay here. I'll signal when to join me."

I smile at him, "Of course."

He then gets out of the car, walking up the driveway to the Denali family who came to check on their unexpected visitors.

Matthew stirs in my arms walking up from our long journey.

"Hey Sweetheart," I whisper in his ear, "We've arrived."

I glance up and see Edward him nodding at us.

Sighing I turn to my son, "C'mon Buddy, time to meet new friends."

He nods his head enthusiastically, jumping out of my arms once I open the door.

I look up as the Denali family gasp in shock, stepping back in fear.

"The Volturi will come for all of us," Kate states, glaring at Edward.

Tanya snaps, "You get those things out of here."

Edward shakes his head, "She's not what she looks like. And neither is he."

Tanya growls in denial rushing towards Edward, "This is a crime!"

Immediately Edward pushes her away. Kate moves forward and tries to electrocute Edward but Bella rushes forward. And shoves her away.

The two sisters stand back up again ready to advance.

I quickly drop my son by Jacob who nods curtly at me. Speeding over to Kate I pull her hand away from Bella.
Blue sparks fly out from her hand, embedding into my marble skin.

She looks up at me confused, obviously expecting me to cry out in pain or something. Growling I push her hard away from me, her body crashing into the snow.

"Stay back!" Bella warns, her eyes full of fury.

I stand next to her, just as agressive, my motherly instincts kicking in.

They stop in their tracks, fear still evident in their expressions.

Edward then steps forward his arms up in surrender, "They have blood in their veins, you can feel their warmth."