Chapter Forty-Four

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Edward stares into nothing as he focuses on Seth's thoughts.

"Jacob just got there."

I glance over at my worried sister, reaching out for hand. I squeeze tightly as Edward smiles, "He's good."

Bella sighs in relief, exhaling deeply.

Edward's face suddenly twists into one of fear and panic.

I step forward, "Edward is someone hurt?"

He shakes his head, "No. She's close. I can hear her thoughts." Edward frantically scans the surroundings.

Horror fills my eyes as Bella tightens her grip on my hand.

Edward turns to Seth nodding to the trees, "Seth, go."

Edward then stands protectively in front of Bella and I, "She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent. She knew you'd be with me..."

"...She also knew that Emily would be here too," he frowns throwing me a sympathetic look.

"She found us," Bella trembles, her lip quivering ever so slightly.

Edward steps forward, confusion filling his voice, "She's not alone."

I stare at him, fear growing inside me, "What!?"

A crackle of leaves causes my head to snap over at the intruder. The wind rustles the branches as a darkened figure emerges through the treeline. My vision blurs a little as I squint at
them to see who it was, since it was clear that they did not have flaming red hair.

My mouth falls open as I peice together the hair and eyes to a poster my father had.
This was no ordinary boy, this was a missing person.
This person was Riley Biers.

Edward holds his stature as Riley strides over to us, stopping to glare.

"Riley....listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you,"Edward explains.

I jump when a boulder of sorts slams into the ground next to us.

Victoria's crimson eyes pierce into my brown ones as she smirks sadistically.

"In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore," Edward says carefully pushing Bella and I backwards.