Chapter Seventy-Four

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Edward shoots me a sympathetic glance, obviously reading Alice's thoughts seeing the possible future. I frown at him, training my eyes back over to Alice and Aro.

Alice gently pulls her hand away from Aro's, "Now you know. That's your future," discreetly rubs her hand on her jeans, "Unless you decide on another course."

Cauis scoffs, leaning forward whispering into Aro's ear, "We cannot alter our course. The children still pose a grave threat."

"But what if you were sure they could remain concealed from the human world?" Edward questions, a smile rising on his lips, "Could we leave in peace?"

Caius rolls his eyes, "Of course. But that cannot be known."

Edward smirks at the younger of the three Volturi kings, "Actually, it can."

Jingling of bells flutters into my ear, along with heavy footsteps, my head turning spotting two more witnesses walking forward.
One was a young man, his eyes neither red nor gold, but brown as though he were human. And yet still, he held the characteristics of a vampire. The other a young women, her eyes bright red, walking close to her male counterpart.

A smile twitches on my lips realising that this is what Alice, Caleb and Jasper had been looking for.

Alice steps away from Aro, returning to Caleb's side, "I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil."

"We have enough witnesses," Caius narrows his eyes, getting rather impatient.

With a intrigued glint in his eyes, Aro intervenes, "Let him speak, brother."

The young man nervously speaks up, "I am half human, half vampire. Like the children."

He sighs, "A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own, " He gestures to the lady by his side, "I made her immortal."

Bella steps forward quickly, a somewhat happy smile tugging on her face, "How old are you?"

The male turns to us, smiling, "A hundred and fifty years."

"At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asks narrowing his eyes.

"I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then."

"And your diet?"

"Blood, human food. I can survive on either."