Chapter Forty-Two

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

I hesitantly follow the arguing couple out of the house.

Bella shouts, "We're not just gonna hide while you're out taking all the risks for us," she places a hand on Edward's shoulder.

He turns instantly, a glare evident on his face, "If it's Victoria involved, I need to keep both of you as far away from the fight as possible."

I sigh, "But Jasper said that we could help."

Edward scoffs, "We won't need your help."

I huff angrily, snapping at him, "Maybe not but it's better than doing nothing."

He takes a deep breathe, "With the wolves in this, it's an easy win. The rest of us aren't gonna have enough to do."

"Okay, either it's so dangerous that we have to hide, or it's so easy that you're gonna be sidelined. Which is it?" Bella asks clearly annoyed.

"It's dangerous for you, it's easy for us," he differentiates between himself and us.

"I think it's dangerous for us to be apart," Bella says stopping Edward from walking away again, "How many times do we have to prove that?"

She sighs, "I'll be worried. You'll be worried, and we'll both be more vulnerable."

"Okay, your right."

I frown at how easy this was for them, knowing Jasper would never change his mind so easily. Besides he needs to be at the fight, to help protect our family.

"So we're coming with you," Bella says eagerly, a smile on her face.

"No, we both stay away together, with Emily," Edward explains.

"Edward, we can't make you choose between us and your family," Bella sadly admits.

Edward smiles, "The only way I can protect you is to be with you. And your sister."

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

I walk with Jasper's hand entwined with my own, edging towards Jacob and Seth in the place where the battle would be taking place.

"You're not fighting?" Jacob smirks, teasing Edward a little, "Did you pull a muscle or something?"

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella huffs.