Chapter Thirty-Two

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

"May I ask, why the Volturi want to kill Bella and I?" I ask.

Everyone had now sat down and was looking at Edward, Alice and Bella.

"Well we managed to save Edward but in doing so ended up meeting the Volturi," Bella informs us.

"Aro, their leader, read my thoughts and saw everything," Edward says, "he saw you and Bella. He felt that you both knew too much and that you both had to die since-"

"Since it's you most important rule that you keep what you are a secret," I say.

Edward nodded.

"He then was intrigued by the fact that Edward can't read my thoughts and how he can't read yours when I'm around you," Bella informs me.

"Wait, I didn't know that you couldn't read my thoughts when Bella is around," I ask rather interested.

"It only started as it got closer to your birthday," Edward informs us.

"So, does that mean that I am immune to your gift?" I ask.

"I don't know, I can still read your thoughts, just not as well as I used to," Edward says. I look at him confused but turn back to Bella, who continued with the story.

"Anyway this girl, Jane, was made to try her gift out on me, she did but not before she hurt Edward. Her power had no effect on me whatsoever and Aro was fascinated by this. That soon changed when he learned that Edward did not want to turn me," Bella informs us, "he then got a guard named Felix to try to kill me, but Edward stopped him. Alice in the end stopped the whole thing."

I look over to Alice interested, so did everyone else.

"I had a vision and showed it to Aro. He was intrigued by my gift," Alice tells us.

"What did you see?" Jasper inquires.

"I saw Emily and Bella as vampires in the future," Alice's answers.

I look at her shocked and surprised. Everyone shared a similar feeling.

"So because of this he let you go," Carlisle clarifies, speaking up.

"Yes, he said that he would give us a second chance as long as Bella and Emily are changed," Alice informs us.

I sigh, "That still doesn't ease my mind, knowing that not only Victoria but the Volturi also want me to become a vampire."