Chapter Thirty-Seven

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

"Aren't you gonna miss this?" Mum mutters with her eyes closed, basking in the heavy sun, "Can't you just feel the vitamin D soaking up in your pores?"

"Yeah I am gonna miss this," Bella murmurs adjusting her sunglasses.

I agree, leaning back on my sun lounger attempting to tan my pale body.

"You know girls....." Mum whispers, "Colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier."

I sigh, pulling my hat over my eyes.

Mum huffs, "I'm just saying, if you both go to the university of Alaska, I'm never gonna see either of you girls."

I frown at her statement, hearing the sadness in her voice.

"They have a really great science program," Bella blurts out.

I snicker, "You mean, Edward program?"

She sticks her tongue at me, causing me to grin widely at her.

Mum watches our interaction, "The way he watches you...it's like he's willing to leap in front of you...and take a bullet or something."

"Is that a bad thing?" Bella asks worried, lifting her sunglasses off her nose.

Mum shrugs, "It's an intense thing."

She turns and smiles directly at Bella, "You're different with him. He moves, you move. Like magnets."

Bella glances over at Edward who was sat indoors. She goes to open her mouth fumbling over her words, "I don't know, we're just...."

Mum chuckles, "In love. I get it."

I smile, sitting up crossing my legs.

"And Jasper? He seems like he would do anything for you Em," Mum smiles at me.

I blush deeply, "He means the world to me, Mum, I don't know if I can live without him."

"Let me guess, is he part of the reason you are going to Alaska?"

I nod shyly, giggling, "Maybe."

Mum shakes her head a large smile appearing on her face.

"I just want to make sure you're both making the right choices for you...you know because you girls are gonna have to live with them."