Chapter Forty-Three

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

The snow crunches beneath my feet as I step closer to the tent that Edward had set up high in the mountains.

I shivered, hugging my thick coat around my waist, entering the tent.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Edwards Pov

Night had fallen and the cold started flooding the tent attacking the warmth of both Emily and Bella. I stare unable to do anything at the passed out sisters. Emily fast asleep, her body shaking ever so slightly as I place another blanket on top of her.

I turn to my Bella and see her looking freezing with her teeth chattering as she clenches the blankets inside her sleeping bag.

I snap my eyes up at Jacob who glances over at me.

"Forget it," I growl at Jacob who was shifting his eyes between me and Bella. 

"She may need her toes someday," Jake replies, "And let's face it, I am hotter than you."

I scoff staring angrily at him. I take one more glance at Bella and slowly nod at him. Jacob smiles widely, gently climbing into the sleeping bag. 

"Wow, you're freezing, Bella. Relax. You'll warm up soon. Faster if you took your clothes off," he says grinning at me.

"Jake," Bella states sternly.

"Survival 101," he replies as I offer a cold glare.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Bella had finally drifted off to sleep and Jacob had moved to sit next to Emily, allowing her to feel some warmth radiating off of his body. He sighs, stepping back into the corner of the tent opposite me.

"Can you at least attempt to control your thoughts?" I say, angrily, scrunching up my face in disgust at the thought of him and Bella.

"I really get under that ice cold skin of yours, don't I?" He replies, "What? Are you doubting her feelings for you?"

I stay silent staring at Bella.

"Nice. So picking through my brain's okay, but letting me into yours? Forget it," he says.

I roll my eyes as Jacob sits up straight, leaning forward to me, "Look...I know she's in love with you."