Chapter Sixty-Five

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

Light flooded into the room as I roll over placing my hand onto Jasper's chest. I pat the cotton, my hand scrunching the soft material as I blink open my eyes. Panic setting in as I notice Jasper is not by my side.

"Jasper," I whisper, sitting up in an empty room, the only other sound being that of my son's deep breathing.

Shaking my head, I rub my eyes standing on my feet quickly getting dressed, walking down to Matthew's room.

I knock on the door, patiently waiting for my baby to wake up.

"Come in, Mum."

I smile, pushing the door open heading over to the far window drawing the curtains letting the sun fade inside.

Matthew groans at the sudden contact to the outside world, pulling his duvet over his head.

Chuckling I move and sit on the end of his bed, tugging the duvet away from his head.

"You need to get up, Sweetheart," I ruffle his hair.

He sighs at me, clearly not wanting to get up.

I stand up, picking some clothes out of the dresser beside us planting them on the bed.

"We've got a big day ahead of us," I whispers, "So I need you to be good and get ready. I'll meet you in the kitchen?"

I lean forward and kiss his forehead lovingly, swiftly getting to my feet, stepping out if his room and down into the kitchen.

My thoughts immediately return to Jasper as I notice that he was not in the kitchen cooking Matthew and I breakfast.

"Where could he be?" I mutter to myself, flipping a pancake.

"Are you talking about Dad?" Matthew asks, wondering into the room with a blue back pack.

My head turns to him, my eyes full of curiosity, "Yes. I'm not sure where he is."

I place a plate of pancakes on the breakfast table in front of me.

Matthew grins lifting up a fork, sitting down, "He came into my room last night."

I blink, "What? When?"

Matthew shrugs, "I think it must have been when you were asleep. He whispered to me that he loves me, and that I should protect you while he's gone."

Our Forever |J. Hale & E. Swan|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara