Chapter Fifty-Five

Emily's PoV

Emily's PoV

"Carlisle it's been over a week, I haven't been able to keep down any animal blood..." I worryingly express, "...What am I going to do?"

I place my hand on my ever growing bump. It had been nearly two weeks since Bella's wedding and I already looked 5 months pregnant.

Carlisle sighs, noting down the drastic changes to my health. It was like my body was sucking itself dry of any remaining blood that fused with the venom circulating my body.

"I've stocked up on some O negative blood bags."

I furrow my eyebrows since I thought he didn't want me to have any human blood, "Why?"

He places down his clipboard, grabbing out a fresh blood bag from the mini fridge in the corner. Dropping it loudly in front of me as I sit at his desk.

"I want to test a theory."

I felt my teeth sting in excitement as my fangs start to emerge, no longer dormant. I sucked in a deep breathe, trying to control myself from delving into a complete frenzy.

Licking my lips, "You want me to drink it."

He nods, "You explained that you've been craving it. I want to see if it makes any difference to your symptoms."

I stare back down at the enticing red pouch, not making any move to drink.

"It's okay Emily, no one will judge you."

I shake my head, "But what if I can't control myself."

He picks it up, clicking open the seal at the top. Slowly he hands it over to me, "I'll make sure nothing happens."

Hesitantly I take the bag from him gradually edging the blood closer to my lips.

I take a deep breathe, carefully sucking up the red substance. The metallic taste hit my taste buds almost immediately, my fangs dripping with venom as I start to squeeze the bag suddenly wanting more.

In seconds I demolish the blood bag dropping it's empty contents to the floor, breathing heavily.

"Emily..." Carlisle softly calls out, "Relax. You're okay. Don't let it consume you."

I bite my lip, anxiously steadying my breathing. The burning sensation in the back of my throat had somewhat vanished. As though indulging into the craving had finally made a positive improvement.