Chapter Twenty

Emily's PoVI laid on my bed staring up at the white ceiling reminiscing over how epic the past summer had been

Emily's PoV
I laid on my bed staring up at the white ceiling reminiscing over how epic the past summer had been. Spending nearly every minute with my boyfriend, healing from my unfortunate accident that I suffered from when saving my sister from James. Speaking of James, the Cullen's successfully removed him from the planet, burning his remains in the Ballet Studio.

I'll admit, I did even spend a few evenings bonding with my father, in an attempt to fix the damage Bella and I had inflicted upon him when we abruptly decided that we needed to leave Forks and return home. Even though it was a cover up story, I didn't realise how much I had really hurt his feelings, so I made sure to what ever I could to make our relationship stronger.

I smile to myself, as I sit up and make my way over to the window, drawing the curtains back to let the dull light flash inside.

"Happy Birthday," I whisper to myself smiling softly.

Grinning, my mind wonders to Bella.

"Bella," I call out, "Can you believe it's our birthday in a week?"

She sighs loudly.

"We're officially going to be adults!" I exclaim, ruffling her dark brown hair.

She pulls a foul glare, "I'm not in the mood."

I sigh, "Bella, you've never been like this before. Don't you remember when mum took us Skiing for our birthday one year."

She offers a small smile, "I do, and it was fun. But this year it's different."

"Different how?" I ask, confused.

"I'm going to be one year older than Edward," she states in a monotone voice.

"And that's a problem, because.....?"

"He's a vampire, who will never change physically. He's so reluctant to change me that I'm worried that I'll forever be ageing while he stays youthful and beautiful," she explains sadly.

I frown, reaching out rubbing my hand affectionately on her shoulder, "Bella this isn't something you should be worrying about. Age is just a number, it means nothing really, especially when you think about all the things you can do being with Edward."

She sighs deeply, turning away from me burying her head into some maths book.

I turn around and pick up my wrapped gift for my amazing sister, carefully trying not to tear the neatly placed paper covering it.