one

What's wrong with my mom today? I thought to myself as I pushed the cart.

She woke me up early in the morning just to make me go with her at the grocery. Being in that situation wherein I don't like being disturbed in my sleep, unless I overslept when I needed to do something, I covered myself with the blanket and continued sleeping.

"I'm going to buy anything you like."

My eyes suddenly opened when I heard what she said. "Really?"

She nodded. "Get up already and prepare. We're going to the nearby grocery."

So yeah, that's what happened earlier.

I just washed my face and gurgled. It's obvious that I just got out of the bed because of how I look. Besides that, I'm still wearing my pajamas. The people outside will not even care, won't they?

Here we are at the grocery. My mom is the one who picks on what to buy while I was just pushing the cart, following her around.

"Is today a special day?" I asked.

It wasn't like there's a celebration. I don't remember someone who has a birthday today so, I was confused. Perhaps did she won the lottery?

I sighed dramatically as I saw how my mom picks everything she sees. "Aren't you putting too much in the cart?"

"Am I?" She raised her brow.

"It's obvious though?"

"Okay, I'll remove some."

I sighed again. She won't even tell me why we went here so early.

After several moments, we already paid and went home.

"Now tell me, what's with all of these?" I finally asked.

"We have a special guest." She replied.

"Who?"

"My close friend's son."

I stared at her for a moment.

Son... he's a boy. I'm screwed. I'm awkward with boys.

"When is he going here?" I asked.

My mom stopped cooking for a moment and looked at her phone. "Maybe about thirty minutes?"

"Thirty minutes?!" I shrieked.

"Why are you--"

I immediately went to my room to take a bath. There's no way I'm showing myself like this.