forty four

Eunsang Lee
Where did you go? You disappeared after the exams.

Sachi Yoon
oh sorry! i forgot to tell you and yujin
we moved to nagoya yesterday

Eunsang Lee
Whyyy?

Sachi Yoon
it's a personal reason 😓

Eunsang Lee
Oh okay I understand
I'll tell it to Yujin
Keep safe 😊

Sachi Yoon
thanks eunsang :)

"I'll do the laundry today. Put all your used clothes in the laundry basket." My mom commanded. "Empty your school bag and put it, too."

I nodded.

As I was emptying my bag, one of my notebooks suddenly fell. It was the notebook that got switched with Dohyon's notebook because it has the same design.

"Why am I always reminded of him?" I asked to myself, sighing, and flipped the pages.

Halfway through the pages, I saw an unfamiliar handwriting.

I feel mixed up about things sometimes... there's so much I want to tell you, but I forget half the things. Well, I don't know if you'll be able to see this, but I'm going to continue writing this anyway. I'll be moving back to Korea to be with my family after finals. I don't know if you'll be sad, but if you are, you shouldn't. I didn't have friends before. I was cautious on not to make them attached to me because I'll eventually leave. I hope that you'll not get too attached to me. It'll be better if you'll just forget about me because I don't think we'll be seeing each other again. It was nice meeting you, Sachi.

From: Dohyon

I wiped the tears from my face when my mom suddenly opened the door.

"Did you already sort out your laundry?" My mom asked.

"I'm not yet done."

"Put it in the laundry basket, alright?" She said and then, she put her phone on her ear. "As I was saying, how is he? Oh, he's there beside you?"

I was intrigued by whom my mom was talking on the phone, so I immediately went outside to eavesdrop.

"I'm glad that you're fine, sweetie."

"Mom," I interrupted.

"Hmm? What is it?" My mom asked.

"Can I... talk to him?" I hesitatingly said.

"Yes, sure! Give it back to me when you're done." She nodded. "I'll give the phone to Sachi. She wants to talk to you."

I took a deep breath before saying anything. I don't really know what to say. Upon saying hello, I didn't hear a response.

"Are you doing great there? I saw your post with a friend yesterday... it seems like you really are doing great."

Still, there was no response. I thought he ended the call, but the call was still ongoing.

"Why won't you say something?" I asked, disappointed. "Yah! You're not even mute. Why are you like this?"

Maybe he's keeping quiet on purpose.

"I saw the letter you had written on the back of my notebook. You're really something else, huh? Did you just tell me to forget about you and those memories? It's there and will be there. So, don't even try to forget about me because I won't forget you."

After that, the call was ended. I sighed. How dare him not say anything and end the call all of a sudden?! He's still a brat.

🐹

Few weeks have passed and Dohyon didn't call again. Well, his mom would call at times, but she went back on saying that Dohyon is out or busy everytime my mom asked for him. It was obvious that he really want me to forget about him and to not make connections with him anymore. I was really going to forget about him, but I just can't.

I suddenly heard a scream outside so, I went to see it.

Shit, why is he here again?!

It was my father and he looked drunk just like the last time. How the hell did he find us?

"Didn't I tell you to leave us alone?!" My mom shouted.

"Hey, calm down! I'll leave if you give me what I want."

"You really can't understand, huh? I'm not giving you any money! Now go away and find a decent job!"

My dad's expression became different and looked for something that he could throw. "I'm giving you one last chance. If you don't give it tomorrow early in the morning, I don't know what I might do to you and Sachi."

At this moment, I trembled because of fear. I was so scared. It was like he became a monster just because of money. All I could do now was to pray and hope that he'll not come back again.

---

a/n: 3 days left until x1's debut omg are u excited?