thirty four

It seemed to me that it was only yesterday when Eunsang confessed. When in fact, it was three days ago and it was Friday that time. Now more than ever, I wished that we would not see each other today. I'm not yet ready to face him. Or should I just pretend that nothing happened?

Yujin entered the room and came up to me. "Someone is waiting for you outside."

"Who?" I nervously asked.

"Why don't you go outside and see for yourself?" She said.

I bit my lip as I was walking. When I finally reached outside, I sighed of relief. It was Dohyon and he's holding a notebook.

"What's with that?" I said.

"Isn't this yours?" He asked and gave it to me.

I looked inside the pages and it's really mine. It's my language notebook. "How did this went to you?"

"I don't know." He replied. "I feel like our notebooks were swapped."

And so, I went back inside and looked for a notebook that's not mine in my bag.

"You're right. They were swapp--"

Just then, I saw Eunsang walking in the hallway so, I immediately went back to our classroom.

"Why do you look like that? It's like you saw a ghost somewhere." Yujin remarked.

I was not supposed to tell Yujin what happened last Friday, but in the end, I gave up. One thing that made me tell it was because I can't handle this on my own. I needed her advice.

Somehow, Yujin wasn't even surprised with what I told her. "Didn't I tell you countless times that he likes you? See? I was right!"

"I don't know what to do if ever I'll face him." I said.

"You just have to act normal." She stated. "But don't you have any plans on considering his feelings?"

With that, I thought about it. Eunsang is a nice guy. His smile is attractive. He's also the kind of person whom you can rely on. He's there whenever you need a help. But he's a good friend, that was all.

"Hey," She stopped abruptly. "don't tell me that you don't like him?"

"I like him but not in a romantic way." I said.

"Are you blind or something? How can you not like someone like him?" Yujin looked at me in disbelief. "Wait, I got it now."

"You got what?" I asked curiously.

"You just don't like him yet. I mean, you can develop feelings for him, you know. By getting to know each other." She said.

"It's not like we don't know each other. We were classmates in elementary school, remember?"

"Yah! That was long ago!" She said. "Do you still remember things about him like his hobbies or what?"

"No..."

"Many things have already changed for how many years. Why don't you try giving him a chance? It's not that bad to try." She suggested.

🐹

It was already lunch time and I was stunned when I saw Eunsang sat across me. He smiled broadly and started eating, too.

There was a silence so, I started to speak.

"About your confession..."

And that moment, I thought that I shouldn't have brought it up.

"You don't have to think about it. I'm not telling you to like me back or what-so-ever. It's just okay if we stay friends, but I'll still like you." He said.

"I'll give you a chance." I said. Eunsang looked at my eyes and was quiet for a moment. "That's what I'm going to say."