thirty six

third person's pov

By the time Wednesday rolled in, the students felt nervous as it was the second and the last day of their midterm exam. At the same time, they were also eager to finish the exams so that they could already go home or go somewhere to chill. Sachi finished reviewing the last four subjects. All that she needed to do was to focus.

🍃time skip🍃

The bell rang and it was the signal that the exams are already over. Sachi found the first three subjects easy. But for the last subject which is History, it felt like she had a head ache because there were too many words.

"Sachi! The exams are already done! Let's go to the mall!" Yujin excitingly said.

"Uhh... sorry about that, but I have to go somewhere." Sachi replied.

Yujin looked at her in disbelief and shook her head. "Tsk, you're too involved in your love life."

Sachi knew that for some reason she was getting pulled away from the things and people around her. She couldn't figure it out. Maybe Eunsang was really having an effect on her.

"Yujin," Sachi muttered and sat beside her. "I'm really sorry! I'll make up for it. I'll treat you the next time."

"Don't make promises if you're going to break it, okay?" Yujin remarked, crossing her arms. "But anyways, enjoy your date!"

Sachi nodded and then, she went to the near milk tea store--which is the place where Eunsang told her to go.

Sachi Yoon
i'm already here
where are you??
delivered

She waited for thirty minutes, but he still didn't arrive. He isn't replying, too. She thought that maybe something happened to him so, she tried calling his number but it can't be reached. Even if she predicted that he wouldn't come, she still waited for another five minutes.

"Aren't you going to order, miss? No one is allowed to hang around here without ordering something." The employee said.

"Oh, sorry. I'll leave." Sachi said.

Sachi went home, disappointed. She felt stupid for waiting someone who won't come.

"The exam ended one hour ago. Where did you go?" Dohyon asked and sat across Sachi. She didn't say anything and just stared at her phone. "Hey, hear me out! I got eight mistakes in that specific exam! You're going to grant me a wish. It's our deal, remember?"

Don't talk to me. I'm not in the mood. Sachi thought.

"My wish is that..." He muttered. "stay away from Eunsang."

"What?" Sachi looked at him, confused.

"You don't know what he's like. I know for the fact that you were classmates in elementary, but he's not the same as before." He said. Sachi just looked at him, still not sure if he's telling the truth or not. "I'm serious."

"Are you saying that because you hate him?" Sachi raised her brow.

"No."

"Then, why?"

"I'm just..." He trailed off, at a loss of words. "concerned about you."

He immediately stood up and went upstairs.

sachi's pov

"I'm just... concerned about you."

My heart skipped a beat with what he said. Why do I suddenly feel like this again... do I like him? We bickered and teased each other so, it doesn't make sense at all. I also started to think as to why he would say such thing. And it's not the first time that he made a remark that made my heartbeat fast. Perhaps, is there a chance that he would like me even just a little bit? Damn, my assuming self made a comeback again. I couldn't help but assume at times like this.

I cleared my throat, it was dry. And so, I gulped the water that I found on the table at once.

I went to my room, but I felt weird. There's something I felt in my throat when I drank the water and I suddenly became dizzy.

Argh, my head hurts...

Someone peeked inside my room. To his surprise, I saw him, too. I immediately sat upright, startled.

"You should've knocked." I said.

"You should've locked the door." Dohyon replied.

He was about to leave, but he noticed how I looked. That's when he sensed that something is wrong with me.

I stood up from the bed slowly and dizzily walked towards him.

"Yah!" I poked him in the shoulder. "Why do you keep on making me confused?"

"What are you saying?" He said. "Go back on your bed. You're not okay."

"You know what, I like you. I like you veeeeryyyyy much." I said, my speech slurred. "How 'bout you?"

"Huh?" Dohyon stared in surprise.

"Why? I think you like me, too! The way you look at me sometimes... it's like, umm..."

"Shhh," Dohyon interrupted. "It's late. You should go to sleep now. Good night."

After that, he made me go back to my bed and I already fell asleep.