thirty seven

In class, my mind was at a loss because I kept on thinking about what happened last night. I can't remember what happened after I drank that water in disguise! It turned to be the soju that my mom was drinking and she left it on the table. I didn't know that it was a soju because it was my first time and it really looked like water! I drank it at once and so, I only felt the taste after I gulped it all down.

"Did I say something embarrassing?" I muttered to myself.

"To whom?" Yujin asked.

"To Dohyon. I did something stupid last night! I mistook the soju as a water and drank the whole thing! Hdhdhs."

"What?? You would already know their difference with the first taste. How come you drank the whole thing?"

"I drank it at once!" I admitted.

"How weird." Yujin suddenly burst out laughing. "Sorry, but I can't stop laughing!"

She also acknowledges that I'm dumb. Okay, fine. :---)

"Are you really my best friend?" I glared at her.

"It was so funny that I already had tears of joy!" She retorted, wiping the sides of her eyes. This time, she already calmed down. "So, what happened after that?"

"I can't remember." I said.

"Try to remember it, then. Our teacher is just going to introduce our first lesson for finals. I'm going to sleep."

Throughout the period, that's what I intended to do. But no matter what I try, I just can't seem to remember it.

"My wish is that... stay away from Eunsang."

That was one of the things that I remembered, but it was before I went dizzy. Speaking of Eunsang, he's still not replying. I wonder why he's not saying anything. And so, I decided to look for him in his room. There he was. He looked completely fine. He was talking to his friends, Junho and Yohan. Well, I know them because they were my classmates in middle school and those two were jerks. I can't believe Eunsang became friends with them.

I was startled when Eunsang caught me looking at him. He immediately stood up and went towards me.

"What are you doing here? Do you need something?" Eunsang asked.

I was kind of disappointed. How could he not say sorry for ditching me yesterday? I even waited for him and yet, he didn't say a reason why he didn't come.

"Where were you yesterday? I went to the milk tea store, but you weren't there." I said.

"Oh, I forgot! My friend invited me to his home to play games." He replied.

"Really? Okay then." I softly said.

"Eunsang! Let's go to the cafeteria." His friend named Yohan said.

"I'll go now to the cafeteria. See you later, Sachi." He said.

I sighed. It seems like he became different in just a short period of time.

"Sachi!" Someone called me.

"Oh, Yujin," I said. "Let's eat."

"Sure!"

After a while, we bought food in the cafeteria, but we decided to eat in the classroom.

"By the way, what did you and Eunsang do in your date yesterday?" Yujin asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Tch, don't be shy and just tell me." She said.

"We really did nothing. He didn't come." I said.

"Why?!"

I shrugged my shoulders.

Yujin looked at me confusedly. "Wait, aren't you already a couple? Why is he acting like that?"

"We're not. He's still... courting me." I said.

"I get it now! Maybe he's getting impatient. Tell him already that you want both of you to be in a relationship!" She suggested.

"Hey, that's too fast. I think I still need time to develop my feelings for him."

"What do you mean? After all this time, you still don't like him? I thought you like him already!" She looked at me in disbelief.

"I also certainly thought I was, but I don't think I like him yet." I said.

"Yah!" I poked him in the shoulder. "Why do you keep on making me confused?"

"What are you saying?" He said. "Go back on your bed. You're not okay."

"You know what, I like you. I like you veeeeryyyyy much." I said, my speech slurred. "How 'bout you?"

"Huh?" Dohyon stared in surprise.

"Why? I think you like me, too! The way you look at me sometimes... it's like, umm..."

"Shhh," Dohyon interrupted. "It's late. You should go to sleep now. Good night."

"Oh, shit!" I exclaimed.

"What was that?" Yujin asked.

"I think I already remembered what happened last night!"