twenty

After I gave Dohyon a tteokbokki, he finally toned down his voice. Dealing with him requires a lot of patience.

I was already getting bored so, I decided to go to my room.

"Where are you going?" Dohyon asked when I stood up.

"To my room. I'm going to take a nap." I answered.

"You're really a sleepyhead."

With a sigh, I just ignored what he said. I went to my room and went straight to my bed.

"Mom, I want this rubber shoes! Buy it for me, please?" I begged.

"You still have some shoes you can use at home. You don't need a new one."

"But, mom! I don't have a white rubber shoes. I want something like this." I demanded.

"No," My mom strongly disagreed. "We're here to buy the things you need, not you want."

My father walked towards us and looked at the shoes I wanted, "You want this?"

"Yes! Mom won't buy it for me, will you?" I looked at him, expecting a good response.

"Sure, I'll buy it for my one and only daughter." He said.

"Oh my, thanks dad!" I exclaimed and gave him a hug. "You're the best!"

Suddenly, my dad received a call.

"Our manager called me. I'm badly needed in the company right now."

"Again?" I frowned.

"Sorry, Sachi. This is really urgent." He said, hugging me and my mom one last time.

"How about my--"

He already left before I could continue my words. That was the last time when I saw him.

I woke up in a daze and saw Dohyon in front of me. He had a concerned look on his face.

Was it just a dream?

"My dad... where's my dad..." I said with a shaking voice.

"He's not here." He replied.

"I want to see him!" I continued, tears flowing from my eyes.

Dohyon suddenly pulled me close and hugged me. "Sachi, it's alright. I'm here."

I took a deep breath, trying to steady rioting emotions. Instead of calming down, I cried harder. Maybe it's because of Dohyon. I tend to cry even more when someone is comforting me.

After a while, he stopped hugging me and stared at my face. I felt uncomfortable because he's seeing my ugly face cry.

"Stop crying, you idiot."

"Did you just call me idiot?" I glared at him.

"Yes, I did."

"Go away!" I gritted my teeth, hitting him with a pillow.

"Argh! Why are you hitting me?" He complained.

"Just go back to your room and leave."

With that, he already left.