three

"Are you okay, sachi?" My mom asked and gave me a glass of water.

"I'm okay." I said after drinking the water. "Just continue your conversation."

Gosh, that was embarrassing.

"So, you'll be here for one year?"

"Yeah," Dohyon nodded. "Since it's my last year in junior high school, my father suggested that I should just finish it here. After that, I'll continue my studies in Korea."

(Note: The usual schooling in Japan is six years of primary school---age 7 to 12, three years of junior high or middle school---age 13 to 15, three years of senior high school---age 16 to 18, four years of university education--age 19 to 22.)

"Well, he has a point. Speaking of school, Sachi will be going to the university to enroll tomorrow. You should go with her." She suggested.

"Okay, auntie."

🐹

The next day, I was quite nervous because it's my first time going to school with a guy. I'm really awkward around them. Unless, our personalities click with each other. In my entire life, there was just one guy who became my close friend.

I took a deep breath as I went in front of the guest room and started to knock.

"Are you already awake?" I asked.

"Yes!" He answered.

"I'll wait for you downstairs." I said.

After a few minutes, he already came down. I was wondering why he was carrying a backpack. I mean, we're just going to enroll.

The universty was just two blocks away so, we walked on our way there. Oh, and I'm still curious about his backpack. I wonder what's inside... until I realized that it was a bag that I wanted. A new balance bag, to be specific. It was the reason why I got up from my bed yesterday. I want my mom to buy it for me to use on my first day of classes.

I sighed, maybe I should just change it.

When we reached the school, I swiped my i.d. to enter inside while Dohyon was given a visitor's pass since he doesn't have an i.d. yet.

We proceeded to the registrar’s office to submit original copies of entrance credentials and school records from last year. Then, we were asked to fill out a registration form.

While waiting for him to finish in filling out the form, I began to realize that he's 15 years old. Come to think of it, he said that he's already in the last year of junior high school. That means I'm 2 years older than him. I don't know if that was a good news or what.

"I'm done." He muttered and placed the form on top of the stack of papers.

As we went back home, I gained my courage to ask him a question.

"I was thinking," I started. "Are you really 15 years old?"

Looking at his face, he looked like a hamster. But looking at his height, he didn't seem like his age.

"Yes," He retorted and leaned to whisper something. "Are you envious of my height?"

I stopped walking for a moment. Woah, I can't believe him. How dare he say something like that when we just knew each other for a day? I'm not that tall, I admit it. But he doesn't need to say it!

That brat!