thirty eight

This dismissal time, I sneaked out of the room and decided to go home by myself. Not until Dohyon appeared beside me.

"Why are you suddenly going home by yourself?" Dohyon asked.

"Because I wanted to." I reasoned.

"Really? I thought you were ignoring me. You didn't even wave back at me in the cafeteria this lunch." He said.

I bit my lip and I was speechless.

"Is it because of what happened yest--"

"Just forget what happened yesterday, all right?" I interrupted.

"But what if I can still remember it clearly?" Dohyon teased.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I don't like you. I wasn't in my proper state of mind last night and that's why I've said such things."

"Yeah, I know." He said. "It was meant for Eunsang, right?"

"No, it's not!"

"You don't need to deny it anymore. I know that you like him veeeeryyyyy much." He said, imitating how I said it last night.

Argh, he's so annoying!!

🐹

One week has passed by in a blur. Eunsang had been distant lately and I still don't know the reason until now. We ate lunch together the other day, but he didn't seem to be listening to what I was saying. I think it's about time for us to talk about this.

We sat quietly for a few minutes. I was just staring at a space while waiting for Eunsang to say something.

"What do we need to talk about?" Eunsang began.

"Ever since that day when I waited for you and you didn't show up, I felt like you became a different person." I admitted.

"What do you mean?"

Gosh, why is he so clueless? I thought.

"You haven't been talking to me, you're not replying to my messages and you're not even telling me why."

"I was just busy." He retorted.

"Busy with what?"

"Tsk, why are you acting like we're in a relationship?" He scoffed.

"What?" I said, trying to look composed even though I was offended by what he said.  "Why are you acting like this? Didn't you say that you like me?"

"I liked you, but as a friend." He said. "Do you  have something more to say? I've got to go now. It's already time for the next class."

I shook my head slowly and then, he already left.

When I went back to our classroom, I was completely dazed. Yujin asked me what's wrong, but I said nothing. I'm too embarrassed to tell her about what happened earlier. I'll tell it to her, but soon.

🐹

"Dohyon," I mumbled. "You're right."

I still don't understand. I really can't believe that Eunsang did such thing to me. He wasn't that type of person. He wasn't the boy who I knew before.

"I'm not right. I'm Dohyon."

"Tsk!" I glared. "I mean, Eunsang really changed. A lot."

"What did he do? Are you okay?" Dohyon asked, concerned.

"Wait, how did you know about that? You're not even close with him." I wondered.

"Because I'm smart." He stated.

"Smart, my ass."

He just laughed and continued eating.

What Eunsang said was really painful, but come to think of it, it didn't hurt that much. I cry easily and I expected that I would cry after he said that, but I didn't. In fact, it seemed to me that it was better that this happened.