thirty one

I went back to Dohyon's room and measured his temperature with a thermometer--and it turns out to be 38 degrees.

Poor, Dohyon. How can he have a fever a day before the music festival? I thought.

I soaked the cloth on the water, squeezed it and put it on his forehead. I stared at his face silently. Looking at him now made me think that he's really cute. He had this meek and innocent face just like a hamster.

Just then, I heard my phone beep in my pocket.

Yujin Ahn
i didn't see you in the first two periods
were you late or absent?

Sachi Yoon
i was absent

Yujin Ahn
oh okay
why did you get absent?

Sachi Yoon
i need to stay and look for dohyon 😤
he has a fever
make an excuse for me please? jfjdjd

Yujin Ahn
what excuse?? you're a liar!!!
jk 😂
'kay then i'll drop by the faculty room and tell our adviser that yOu gOt SiCk

Sachi Yoon
omg thanks bff 😭

Reluctantly I looked at Dohyon and put my hand on his neck. Geez, he's still burning! That's why I decided to go to a drug store and bought a medicine. I gently tapped his shoulder and he saw that I was holding a medicine and a glass of water. He slowly sat straight and took it. After that, he lay back on his bed again.

"Tch, why is it that your fever is wrong timing?" I said. "What if you failed to perform tomorrow?"

"You'll... replace me, then." There was no strength in his voice, just a whisper.

"You want me to ruin your performance? Is that what you're saying?" I said.

"Did it sound like that? You did well in playing the piano though."

"You've got to be kidding me." I muttered. "Did you already hear me playing it?"

"Yes, I saw... you practice yesterday." He said, not sure if it was a good idea to spill it.

"Wow, someone who is so good at playing piano watched me play it. It's such an honor!" I said.

He laughed silently with that.

How cute, I thought.

Wait, why did I suddenly thought about it... I felt something weird once again.

🐹

Unconsciously, I fell asleep beside Dohyon. I was sitting on the ground while my head is on his bed. That made my back ache a bit so, I stretched my arms. Suddenly, I heard my phone beep.

You have 11 unread messages.

Eunsang Lee
Sachiiiii
Where are you?
We've been practicing without you
Did you overslept??
Oh, Yujin already told me that you were absent 😢
She said that you have a fever. You should take a medicine!
It's okay if you don't reply, you should take a rest
It's already dismissal time! I'm so worried 😧
I hope you'll get better :(
You said that you really want to perform in the school festival
I really hope that you'll already be okay by tomorrow