Chapter 2 - Puzzles

(Y/N)'s POV
While my sis was out for training, I decided to go home since it was getting late. Of course, there were no monsters coming so, what was the point? I teleported inside the house and flopped on the couch. I'm exhausted, like usual. But I had this strange feeling, like something isn't supposed to be here. It's hard to describe it but there's some sort of presence in the underground, I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but I just need to keep an eye out for it.

After some more time of thinking, my sis arrived back home from training. "Oh, hey sis. You came home early."

She looked at me, "(Y/N)! I thought I told you to stay at your post while I was out training!" I sat up.

"Well, it was getting late so I went back home." I smiled.

She sighed, "Fine... would you like some pasta for dinner?"

I shook my head, "I'm gonna go sleep."

I got off the couch and before I could go anywhere, my sister interrupted me, "You didn't take a shower yet! That's dirty! Go clean yourself right now!"

"Fine fine, I will." I made my way up the stairs and into my bedroom to grab some 'clean' clothes I had left.

After my shower, I laid on my bed, still pondering about that strange feeling I was having. It was on my mind all night, it made me restless. I tried sleeping but I kept tossing and turning because of that feeling. I manage to get in a few minutes of rest in but morning came too quick. As usual, my sister barged into my room. I covered my head with my pillow and mumbled, "Sis, can you not! I'm not feeling that great today..."

"Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" She walked over to me.

I moved the pillow away, "No, I didn't sleep well last night. Can I stay home for today...?"

She sighed but agreed, "But if I find a monster, you have to come!"

I nod, "See ya later sis...!" She left my room.

Even if I stay home all day and rest, I still can't get that feeling out of my mind. Whatever it is, it's a real bother, and it shouldn't be here....

Dream's POV
Everyone woke up this morning and we thanked Toriel for her kindness. Shortly after, she showed us to the exit of the ruins and wished us luck on our little journey. We have now entered Snowdin. We walked through the snowy forest until we reached the bridge, where we saw a tall lady. She seems to be looking for someone or something then, she spotted us. She got out her phone and started to call someone. After a few minutes, a girl appeared beside her, a bit shorter than her but seems to be around our height.

This must be the girl. It seems like the girl Toriel talked about and the one in the paper. So that must mean the other girl is Papyrus, her younger sister. She looks kind of like Classic Sans, with the outfit and all. She looked over to our group and approached us. I couldn't get what she looked like since she was wearing a hoodie.

"A monster...? It's been a while, nice to meet you..." She paused, "all...?" She looked at us, "A group?" She mumbled, "Hi...! It's nice to meet you all. I'm (Y/N)." She held her hand out. I shook her hand but I got shocked, she started to laugh, "Oh, the old hand buzzer!" She showed us the buzzer, "It's always funny." I giggled.

"(Y/N)!" Papyrus called out, "We're here to capture monsters! Not to joke around!"

"Alright, whatever you say. Anyway, that's my sis, Papyrus." She pointed behind her.

"Sister! Let's go set up puzzles for them!" Papyrus dashed away into the snowy forest.

"Don't worry about her, she's harmless..." She looked at us, "I didn't get your names yet, mind introducing yourselves...?"

I jumped a bit, "I'm Dream!" And we all continued the line of introducing ourselves to her.

"Well, it's ICE to meet you all...!" She giggles, "I hope my skelePUNS tickle your funny bone because I sure have a ton of them, a skeleTON. You have SNOW idea. I'll see you around your journey." She turned around and walked to where her sister headed off to.

It seems like the only way to move forward was to continue the path, and so we did. We walked through the beginning of Snowdin until we got to the first puzzle. That's where we meet the sisters again. The first puzzle was an ice maze, seems easy enough to get through.

"I've set up a puzzle for you, monsters! For I, the wonderful, Papyrus, have made!"

"Hey sis, don't you think they'll get chilled to the bone?"

"(Y/N)! This isn't the time for making jokes!"

"Hey, don't give me the cold shoulder, sis." She giggled.

While Papyrus was busy yelling at (Y/N) for making jokes, we went around the ice maze. Once we reached the end, Papyrus was shocked. "What?! You already figured out my puzzle?! Not to worry! The wonderful Papyrus will make up more! Tee Hee Hee!" She skipped away into the next area of Snowdin.

"Pretty easy, right?" (Y/N) asked, "I had SNOW idea what you did."

Just then, a snowball hit the back of her head, "Tee Hee Hee!" It was Papyrus, "That's what you get for making all of those bad snow jokes!"

(Y/N)'s POV
I scooped up some snow, making it into a snowball and throwing it at her, "I'll see you at the next puzzle." I smiled.

"You better not be slacking off!" She dashed away.

I turned back around to the skeleton group, "So, are you skeletons related or something?"

"Well, no..." Ink said.

I nod, "Got anywhere to stay for the night?" I put my hoodie down then they started staring at me. It weirded me out a bit, "Did I break you guys?" I waved my hand in front of their faces.

"So you're really the girl..." Dream mumbled.

"Yes, I'm a girl but what do you mean by 'the girl'? Fill me in..."

"Let me explain," Ink said, "We discovered your universe, you were very new to all of us yet, you were made around the same time that Undertale was made, which Classic Sans is from. Your universe was quite unique compared to the other alternate universes. So, we decided to visit your universe to see how things run here and to see the Sans of this universe."

"That's just SANSsational." I giggled, "And that also makes more sense, it explains a lot for me." I felt a buzz from my phone and I checked it, it was from Papyrus. "Welp, I better head to the next puzzle. Also, thanks SNOW much for making my sis happy...!" I snapped my fingers and teleported to the next puzzle, where I found my sister waiting for me.