Chapter 32 - Secret Garden

(Y/N)'s POV
After my encounter with Dream, I returned back home. Goodness, I've had a long day with checking on the Alternate Universes and now, things are getting serious. With Nightmare on the run, who knows what could happen. If I'm going to find Nightmare, I have to prepare myself for whatever he has in sort. I teleported upstairs and found the magic book. Looks like I have some studying to do.

A bit of studying and practicing passes by and Core Frisk enters into my universe with a Sans. I jumped downstairs and gave them a warm welcome. Core Frisk introduced me to Flowerfell Sans and asked me if I could watch over him since there were some strange things happening in his universe. I accepted their request and they left.

"Lovely meeting you, Sans. I'm (Y/N), caretaker of the AUs."

"It's nice to meet you too..."

"Do you wanna read any books? This library is filled with all the Alternate Universes and their timelines!" He shook his head, "Oh... well, make yourself at home, at least!"

He went to sit down on the couch while I was looking for his universe; not to be rude or anything, but he seems a bit tense and sad. Could it be about his universe? Homesick? I'm not really sure but it's better to not assume or judge him. I finally found the book, I opened the first few pages and skimmed through them.

"... (Y/N)." He called me.

I turned my head, "Yes?"

"You have a really nice universe..."

"Thank you! Also, do you know what's happening with your universe."

"... It's Error."

I closed the book and sat next to him, "What about Error? What's he doing?!"

"... I don't know but Core Frisk told me I'd be safer here."

I hugged him, "Don't you worry, your universe will be fine, just keep on hoping." He nods, "That's the spirit!"

Flowerfell Sans's POV
(Y/N)'s words were reassuring but at the same time, I'm still worried about my universe. I hope Core Frisk can fix things soon. I looked around and noticed the glass planes on the wall, they were really pretty, each one had a different illustration on them and the chandelier was also really nice as well. Overall, it's a really cozy place.

I started humming to myself, it was a song that really has meaning to me and I treasure it. As I was humming, (Y/N) started to sing, "He said... oh Mary, contrary, how does your garden grow? Come with me, and you'll be, the seventh maid in a row. My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head. You're too late, I'm afraid, this flower's already dead." My eyes widened and I turned to her, "Resetting as I was, with blossoms in full bloom."

"Blossoms in full bloom."

"Never a chance to pause, with magic to consume."

"Magic to consume."

"A shadow walked behind me offering his hand but couldn't understand... He said,"

Together we sang, "oh Mary, contrary, how does your garden grow? Come with me, and you'll be, the seventh maid in a row. My answer was laughter, soft as I lowered my head. You're too late, I'm afraid, this flower's already..."

"Dead..." She finished the chorus and we hummed the melody before she continued, "Scattered petals down the road without an end."

"Road without an end."

"Left on the battleground for one I call my friend."

"One I call my friend."

"Maybe he loved me as he took me by the hand and tried to understand..." We sang.

I sang, "I said, oh Mary, contrary, how does your garden grow? Stay with me, I can't see, anywhere that we could go. Their answer, was laughter, as darkness swallowed them up. One more time, I'll be fine, sometimes kindness is enough."

We sang together, "Oh Mary, contrary, how does your garden grow? Don't leave me, please don't be, the seventh maid in a row. My answer, a whisper, soft as he lowered his head. Set them free, I'm sorry, this flower's already..."

"Dead." She finishes.

I looked at her in amazement, "How do you know that song?"

She giggles, "It was a song that my father used to sing to me..."