Chapter 35 - Horror

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach, I don't remember much that happened besides my fight with Dream and bringing Nightmare into my universe. I sat up, I was on the couch, my clothes were changed to a white shirt and black shorts, there were bandages around my stomach, and I saw my old jacket and clothes on the table. I looked around, where's Nightmare? My eyes widen, where is Nightmare?! I should've told him to stay here instead of going off, how stupid can I be? I need to find him!

My body feels so weak, but I still had determination; I slowly got off the couch then put on the jacket and Papyrus's scarf, if I know Nightmare well enough, he may be in one of the horror AUs. I opened a portal into Horrortale and began my search for Nightmare.

Horrortale was dark and a bit terrifying, everything was so off and old. I continued to travel through the snow and held onto my jacket. While I was walking around, my thoughts were too focused on what happened with Dream. Why did he do that to himself? If only I was quicker and didn't watch him, this wouldn't have happened. Now, things turned for the worst. I am a pathetic guardian, I should've been there sooner instead of getting distracted!

Tears began to form in my eyes and I crouched down, silently crying to myself. Why was I chosen to be a guardian? I'm not suited for the job at all! Did Ink and Core Frisk pity me so much that they gave me the role of a guardian? Why didn't Error just kill me when he erased my universe?! If he did, things wouldn't have turned out like this! It's all my fault!

As I was crying, a large shadow was cast upon me. I looked up to see Horrortale Sans looking at me, I jumped and fell into the snow. "Looks like I got some fresh meat today!"

"N-No...! Sans, where's Nightmare?"

"... How do you know me? And how do you know Nightmare?"

I placed my hand over my stomach, that sudden fall made me bleed more, "S-Sans, I can't explain to you all the details, but please tell me if you've seen Nightmare."

He puts the blame of his axe on the snow, "And why should I tell you that?"

"Please! I need to know! I'll do anything!"

He smirked, "Anything...?" I nod, "Get up first." He held his hand out and as I was reaching it, he grabbed my wrist and held his axe high, "One head dog coming up!"

I teleported away right as he was swinging his axe, "Please... I'm not here to play games."

Horrortale Sans's POV
"Who are you...?" I asked her.

She stood up, "(Y/N)... the caretakers of the AUs..." She mumbled.

"... A guardian...?" I muttered to myself, "You sure as hell don't look like one! Why are you looking for Nightmare?"

She was silent for a second, "Please, I just need to find him."

"As if I'm going to tell you!" I teleported in front of her and grabbed her by the throat, "Hm... maybe instead, I'll put you into my collection. You have too cute of a face for me to ruin."

Tears began to flow from her eyes, "P-Please... I'm begging you." She cried.

I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't bring myself to kill her or harm her. I let her go and she fell to her knees, coughing up a bit of blood. As she was coughing, I heard a voice call her name, it was Nightmare.

He rushed over her, "(Y/N)! Are you alright?! Why did you leave? I was worried about you."

I looked over to him, "When did you get a soft side?"

"I should be asking you that, I thought you would've killed her by now..."