17: Hide and Seek

Annika's POV

This ring is indeed very beautiful and I have been teased by Shivaay twice for staring the ring. I can't help this. This is all so overwhelming. I am still looking at the ring in my finger and smiling and I also know that he is grinning looking at me. 

"Give your boyfriend some attention too who brought you this ring." He complains in my neck. He is sitting on the couch and I, in his lap. He slides my hair to my left shoulder and place a soft kiss under my ear. He caresses the spot and look at me. I open my eyes to meet his surprised one.

"You have a tattoo?" I almost forgot about it. I look at him and shake my head yes. 

"When and how many you have?" He is clearly surprised. 

"I was sixteen I guess and this is the only one." It's a small star under my ear. I got it when I was sixteen. There was this aunt named Lena, my mom's friend who became my favorite in just few weeks. She used to be our neighbor and used to visit everyday. She was a tattoo maker and had a lot of tattoos and I used to love them so I asked her if I can have a tattoo or not and she made this little star under my ear. Initially, I loved it, I used to look at it in the mirror and feel happy but as the time passed, I almost forgot about it but whenever I am reminded of it, I miss my aunt Lena. 

"I like it." He says and kisses on it again. 

"We were watching a movie remember?" I remind him and he leaves me going through Netflix on his laptop. 

After minutes of arguing, we agree on watching 'The Babysitter'. He wanted to watch a romantic movie but I refused. Whatever happened tonight was very romantic and my quota for romance is over for today. I wanted to watch something horror and here we are watching 'The Babysitter'.

He keeps the laptop on the couch beside him and play the movie. We are half way through it when the door bell rings. Who will be there at this hour? It's past 9. 

"I'll see." I say and walk towards the door. As soon as I open it, my mouth falls open. I am beyond shocked to see some similar faces at my door. My family is at the door and my boyfriend is inside. I am gone. I look at them and before any of them hugs me, I close the door at their faces.  

I literally run towards Shivaay and make him stand catching him off guard. "What?" He asks and I pace here and there in front of him. "Who's at the door?" He asks me and I shush him. 

The door bells rings again. Oh my God! I am panicking. Shivaay gives me a glare and walks towards the door but I pull him back. 

"Who is at the door Annika?" He asks again raising a brow. 

"Problem." Problems actually.

"What?" He is confused. Of course I am confusing him. The bell rings again and my phone too. The screen flashes Mr. Trivedi, my father. 

"Okay listen!" I calm down myself. "My family is outside at the door and I am panicked." He smiles and sits on the couch while I give him a look, 'What the Hell is wrong with you?'

"Go, open the door. I will also meet your parents. They should also know that their daughter got the best man." I will kill this man. I am panicking and he wants to meet my parents?

"If you'll get to know who my father is and how much he loathes this girlfriend and boyfriend thing, you'll run for your life." I grab his shirt in my fist and pull him from the couch. I walk towards the kitchen pulling him behind me and open the empty cabinet.

"Shivaay, I am sorry but you'll have to get into that and stay there until I handle the situation outside and send them away." I request and looks at me confused. Uggh, the door bell is ringing, I am panicking and I don't have time to explain things to him.

"There's no chance you're meeting them. Get inside or I'll be forced to throw you from the 10th floor." He gulps.

"I am sorry." I kiss on his cheek and muttering sorry again, I run towards the door to open it. 

I ignore my mother and father and my two sisters and hug dadi first. She isn't my real dadi but she is most dear to me and I am very close to her. She's been living with us since years and all my childhood was spent with her because my parents were too busy doing illegal work.

I hug my parents and offer them to come inside. I hope Shivaay would've hide in there. Mother and Father along with dadi settles on the couch and I settle on the floor with Twinkle and Tanya. 

"When will you go back?" My first question. Seriously!

"We just came and you are asking us to go?" Mr. Trivedi speaks. 

"You could've informed." I roll my eyes. 

"Yea, when you were not replying to my calls." He starts again. 

"You didn't answer my question." I say through gritted teeth. 

"Tomorrow evening. Twinkle and Tanya wanted to meet you and your dadi too." My mother, Mrs. Trivedi answers my question. See, my parents didn't want to see me. I roll my eyes. I am being a very disobedient child and I don't care at all.

"Our Birthday is next week. You will come this time na?" Twinkle asks and I kiss on her cheek. I didn't attend their last birthday party, I don't remember why and I am planning not to attend this one too because once I'll be there in Masoorie, I'll be stuck there for a week. And I can't afford living without Shivaay.

Shivaay!

Shit!

"I'll get water for you all." I say and rush towards the kitchen. 

As I open the cabinet where I asked Shivaay to be, my mother calls from behind. "What's this?" I look at her and then again in the cabinet. 

What the Fuck!

*

Cliffhanger sort of. What do you think, did her mother see Shivaay or not?