20: Listening to her

Shivaay's POV

I pick Annika on my shoulders as she closes the door biding adieu to her family. She gasps at my sudden move and wiggles to get down but I have other plans. I drop her on the couch and trace my hand from her mid thigh to her toe. I almost laugh at the change in her. She is taking heavy breaths and her eyes are closed. I silently giggle and throw a cushion at her face. She opens her eyes and gives me a 'what was that' expression with her jaw literally touching the ground. 

"What? You thought I will romance with you after you call me that, ROBOT? From which angle do I look like a robot?" I ask her continuously hitting her with the cushion and she is enjoying a lot fighting me back. 

"Of course, a Robot with his face painted with flour." She bursts out laughing pushing me off of her and standing on her feet. We both catches our breaths and I pull her to sit beside me on the couch. 

"I am sorry Shivaay, because of me, you had to be under that couch and act like a robot in front of my family. I am really sorry." I was kidding but she seems to get serious. I know something is bothering her. She was very good before her parents came and now she looks a little upset.

"Is there something you want to share?" I ask her and she shifts closer to me, keeping her head on my chest. I can feel her taking deep breaths. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and rub there.

"I am scared Shivaay." Why would she be scared? And from whom? "For you." She adds confusing me. 

"My dad is not a normal man like your dad, neither my mom is. They both got married at a young age of 19 and I was born after an year. They weren't ready for a child because they wanted to make their life, they wanted to earn a lot of money and eventually, I was just a mistake. My dad used to spend most of his time before marriage under an influence of a man twice his age and when mom and dad got married, he introduced dad with the underworld." She stops midway, takes a deep breath and continues. I don't know where will this go but I'll support her.

"Until I was 5, we were a happy family. Dad used to go to work and he used to come back also in the evening just like other parents does but then, he introduced mom with all of this also and in huger of earning money, they worked like robots forgetting that they had a daughter. They deal with black money and all of that stuff."

"You know Shivaay, I used to wait for them everyday in the evening but they don't used to come. You saw dadi? She used to be there for me and she used to love me a lot, she loves me now too, you must've heard the conversation we both had last night. I used to wait with the cake and everything on my birthdays for my parents but they just wouldn't show up. I, eventually stopped celebrating my birthdays after I turned 10. You know, when we used to meet? Once a week or even a month."

She is telling me between sobs and my shirt is soaked up with tears. I am glad she is opening up in front of me. I never had faced any of these problems because my parents love me a lot and I am sure they'll love her a lot too when I'll marry her. I don't have any idea when and how but I have realized that I have fallen in Love with her, I have fallen for her. 

"You know, today when I have grown up to become strong and independent, I hate how they try to show their love for me now. I wanted their Love then, when I was a child." She is now in my lap curled up in a ball holding me so tightly that if she'll leave me, I'll go but I am never going. 

"Shhh........... I don't know about your parents. I do respect them as they are your parents but Annika, past is past right? It is present now, it is us, there'll be future and there'll be us in that too. I am here with you always." She smiles and I kiss on her forehead. 

"I didn't know that my girlfriend will be this much emotional. You know, you're an emotional fool." I try to lighten up the mood and she giggles hitting on my chest lightly. 

"I didn't understand one thing Annika. Why are you scared for me?" I ask as she comes out of the washroom wiping her face with the towel.

"Because my dad is conservative. He has grown up to be like that because he came from a conservative family. He doesn't support the dating culture, he type of loathes it so I am scared if he'll get to know about you, what he'll do? After all, he is one powerful person." She says and I can't help but laugh. 

Annika's POV

I am feeling satisfied, there is a certain clam in my heart and I am feeling so light opening up to someone in years, telling him everything. I don't deserve a man like him. He is just perfect, not only for me but for everyone. 

"Pagli....... nothing will happen." Wait! What did he just call me?

"Did you just call me........"

"Pagli?" He completes with a grin and I throw the cushion at him but he catches on time, my bad. 

"Who gets all emotional when they have their birthday in the next 4 hours?" My birthday? Ohh shit! My memory is turning so bad. It doesn't matter anyway. It's my birthday or not. I don't celebrate it now. But how did he get to know?

"Wondering how did I get to know about your birthday?" He asks and I nods.

"I am your boyfriend madam." He says pulling up his collars and I laugh. 

**

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, for the delay guys. Wasn't getting any motivation to write.