26: Clown

Annika was sitting by the window, listening to music and inhaling the fresh air, something unavailable in Mumbai when her two munchkins entered the room. Twinkle sat in her lap while Tanya stood beside her and Annika held her by waist. Twinkle showed the screen of the Ipad to Annika and her lips broke into a smile.

"Vatsal bhaiyya wanted to talk to you." Twinkle handed over the Ipad to Annika and ran outside the room holding Tanya's hand.

"Hiiiiii" She stretched the word and he rolled his eyes making a frown.

"I wish I could shoot you, and with your dad's gun, that big one." He shot with his fingers and blew on them afterwards making her laugh hard. 

"You didn't change a bit Vatsal." She told between her heavy breaths.

"But you changed a lot Annika." She failed to notice his seriousness and shrugged rolling her eyes. 

Vatsal and Annika were crime partners and neighbors. They used to play hide and seek and she, everytime used to win because, everytime, she used to find some new place to hide. They both were big fans of 90s songs but their voices weren't very good, still they used to perform in their tree house and later, dance playing the original voice. Vatsal is her father's closest friend's son. They both grew up together until the age of 13 because after that, Vatsal's shifted to UK with his family. They both were in contact and used to talk daily but as the time passed, their conversations lessened and when she shifted to Mumbai, they both lost contact. 

Zain Imam as Vatsal

Zain Imam as Vatsal

They both talked to each other for an hour. She asked him about his relationship status to which he replied single and when he asked her, she replied complicated, she didn't even know why did she say that. He asked her about her ankle and they exchanged numbers. 

Annika cut the call and placed the Ipad beside her. Just as she was about to close the window, someone suddenly appeared and placed his hand on her mouth before she could make any noise. He was wearing a high neck which was stretched up to his nose. He threw his glares and looked into her eyes. He removed his hand and picked her up in his arms. She was so lost in his eyes that she forgot what was happening. He placed her on the bed and snapped his fingers to which she blinked her eyes, coming back to reality.

. . .

The next day, the whole house was decorated with shocking pink and white balloons and flowers. It was a costume party and each and every kid was dressed so cutely. Twinkle dressed up as the minnie mouse while Twinkle was dressed up as cowgirl from the Toy story. 

As the costume party was only for kids, Annika wore a peach frock of her knee's length. She was the happiest and was looking fresh, as if she had a very good sleep. She was curling her hair when her father who was looking handsome in  tuxedo entered with a wheel chair and she turned to him with her hands on her waist. 

"I am not letting my daughter stand or walk around, so this." He told.

"Dad!" She stretched and he shook his head.

"No ifs, no buts and no daaaaaad" He told and she sighed giving in. He helped her sit and went out kissing her forehead.

She gave a finishing touch to her hair and did minimal makeup. She was ready to join the party when a notification popped up. It was a message from someone. 

How impatient are you?

You cannot imagine!

I don't even want to.
Reality baby!

I am waiting or you.
Come fast!

I am there only, very close
to you. 

Where?

In your heart!

Shivaaaaaaay!
So cheesy . . .

Jokes apart, it's a costume
party. Isn't it?

Yeah!

Be ready to recognize me
before the clock strikes 9.

Don't tell me you're gonna dress
up like a character.

Why should I tell you when you
already know?

Shut up. I am waiting.
Bye

❤️❤️❤️

She blushed and joined everyone in the party. Minutes later, 3 clowns entered the house along with poo, mickey mouse, cow boy and some other cartoon characters. Mr. Trivedi, no doubt spent a lot of money. 

Annika was impatiently waiting for Shivaay and literally, looked into eyes of each and every character and not finding him, she dialed his number, but no response. Some time later, she received a text from him.

Didn't I tell you that finding
me would be difficult?

Stop playing games with me.
Come to me.

Find me. Time's running out.

She, angrily threw the phone in her lap after looking at the time, 35 minutes to 9 and Shivaay smiled looking at her from behind the pillar. She stayed there, on the same place staring the door while the cake was cut and Twinkle came to feed her. Shivaay, dressed up as a clown stood beside her father and she looked at her phone again, 10 minutes to 9.

"Sir, the girl on the wheelchair looks so sad!" He told and Mr. Trivedi turned to him with a raised brow. 

"Why did I call you here for? Go and lighten up her mood if you're feeling that she's sad." He told and Shivaay nodded before walking to Annika.

Shivaay greeted her holding out his hat, bending his back a little and she smiled at him. He walked her wheelchair in the middle of the hall and motioned the other two clown taking out the party popper from his pocket. The three of them popped the party poppers on her and a song started on which the three of them performed amazingly. Later, everyone joined the floor. 

Shivaay sat on his knees in front of her wheelchair and removed his lens one by one followed by the round red nose and she gasped. 

"You failed to recognize me before 9, it's 20 past 9 now." He told and she leaned forward to hug him but he pushed her back reminding her of everyone's presence. 

They both made their way into her room without anyone's notice and as he turned around after closing the door, she pushed him on the wheel chair and sitting on his lap, took his lips into a kiss.

. . .

Don't get confused. What happened last night, will be there in the next chapter.