27: S & A

Annika pushed him on the wheel chair by standing with the support of her perfect leg and sitting on his lap, she smashed her lips on his. They both joined their foreheads afterwards and she waited a few minutes for them to catch their breaths before bursting into fits of laughter.

"You got to be kidding me Shivaay. A clown? Seriously! Look at you!" She continued to laugh and he looked at her in adoration removing his artificial clown hair and white gloves.

There was a knock at the door and Annika quickly became tensed. She looked at Shivaay, who was still in the trance, with wide eyes as the knocks became louder. "Shivaay" She shook him and he blinked his eyes.

"Annika?" Her dad asked from the other side and she made a crying face.

"Make an excuse. You're tired." He whispered and she nodded.

"I am tired dad. I'll take a hot bath and will sleep. You go and enjoy." She lied and her dad walked away. Shivaay had a naughty smile on his face when she looked at him.

"A hot bath? With your hot boyfriend right?" He motioned his finger from her foot to her neck and she smacked his arm.

"Go and wash your face." She got up from him on her one leg and he went inside the washroom giving her a cheek kiss while she walked to the bed with the help of walker.

He came out wearing grey dress pants and a black button up shirt, neatly tucked in. She got surprised seeing him in these clothes cause she thought he would just wash off his face and be in the clown costume only.

"Were you wearing these underneath?" She asked and he nodded sitting beside her.

"Peach suits you Annika." He kissed the back of her palm after taking her hand in his.

"I am so glad that last night came and I got to talk to you or else this wouldn't have been happening." He placed another kiss on the back of her palm sending her goosebumps.

"What wouldn't have been happening Shivaay?" She asked with her chest moving up and down in slow movements.

"You and I, kissing as if we are invisible to each and every eye that exists." He inched closer and pecked her lips.

Last night, when he climbed inside her room from the window, she got scared and was about to scream but he placed his palm on her mouth and looked straight into her eyes and that was it. She got lost in his ocean eyes like everyone else. He removed his palm and carrying her in his arms, he placed her on the bed.

A chuckle escaped from his mouth seeing her still lost. He snapped his fingers and she came out of the trance. She took a few seconds to grasp everything

"Why did you come here now? There's nothing left between us. Isn't it? Your actions clearly indicated that. I am already injured and I don't want to talk. Please leave!"

She looked the other other side while he scanned her from top to bottom and his eyes fell on her sprained ankle.

"Why are you so careless Annika?" He grabbed her ankle and kept it on his lap and caressed it while she looked at him, iirritated.

"Will you leave or I call my dad?" She threatened.

"I never ended anything Annika. I was so mad at myself for not being able to remember what happened that night and above that how we woke up in the morning wasn't right. All of it was so disturbing for me that my senses stopped working. That day, when you came to meet me, I was standing there only looking at you and you don't know how much I cursed myself for not running towards you and taking you in a bone crushing hug. It took me time but I realized that ignoring you isn't the solution to anything. I came to the airport when you were leaving but I was late. I wanted to come to you at that moment only but work occupied me, I was tied and couldn't come but as soon as work finished, I am here, in front of you."

"Do you have any idea how badly I am hurt?" She told with tears in her eyes.

"I am sorry Annika. Very sorry! I never meant to hurt you." He apologised and she looked the other way not letting the tears fall.

"Leave Shivaay. I am done. I don't want to feel what I felt again."

"I can't imagine myself without you anymore Annika." He confessed and she looked at him intensely.

He took a deep breath and inched closer, his hand slowly moving up her neck to rest on her cheek. She shivered under his touch. It felt like ages since she last felt his touch.

"Why?" She asked with a rough idea of what was to come. She had noticed him getting affected by certain things he cared less about.

"I love you Annika." She took a sharp intake of breath. She was correct. She was correct. He just confessed his love for her. She didn't know how to react.

"I don't know about you Annika but I am madly, unconditionally, immensely, irrevocably, head to heel in Love with you." A long silence followed as he confessed, she looking into his eyes and his eyes, admiring her facial features.

"Do you Love me too." He asked as the silence continued for long.

"I do"'

"You do?"

He pulled her to him as she nodded and hugged her tightly.

"I have been waiting since hours that felt like decades. What is it that you brought for you and I?" She asked, really very curious.

He slid his hand in his pocket and took out one rectangular shaped box and one square shaped box. He gave the rectangular one to Annika who opened it immediately.

"Aww! This is so beautiful." She took the locket in her hand and held it against her neck for him to see. It was a simple locket with a small 'S'.

He opened the square box and took out the hand band with a small 'A'.

"This will be with you and this will be with me." He tied the locked around her neck and wore the band on his wrist.

"And we will be together." She added.

"Forever!"

**