21: Heart Broken!

Annika's POV

I wake up with someone hammering my head and the sun rays literally slapping my face. I sit on the bed, frustrated. I run my hands in my hair and hold my head. The pain is almost unbearable. I shouldn't have drink too much last night.

I get up from the bed only to realize that I am wearing nothing but my inner wears. I quickly wrap the duvet around myself and look on the bed. Shivaay isn't here. I remember him sleeping beside me. 

"Shivaay?" I call him out and search for him in the washroom. He isn't here too. I search the whole apartment but I just can't find him. Maybe he left?

I sit on the couch and uninvited tears rolls down my cheeks. What must've have happened between us? And if something happened too, then why would he leave without waiting for me to wake up? I decide to push all the negative thoughts to the back of my head and think positively. Maybe something urgent came up and he had to go? 

I take a deep breath and decide to call him after taking a bath. I wear blue jeans and a dark green T-shirt and tie my hair in a loose ponytail. I pick up my phone from charging and dial his number. It's busy. I dial numerous times but same. 

I have been sitting here, on the couch since morning and it's evening now. I have been continuously calling him but his phone is switched off. 

I don't know what to do. I am frozen. If what I am thinking is true, if what I am thinking happened last night, then why would he leave me in the morning and not pick my calls? He isn't that type of a man who uses girls or is he? 'A person isn't always what he seems from outside. You can't read minds'. My dad's words rings in my ears which I used to think about him but now, his words are matching with the situation so well.

Why me? Why? I shout and break down into sobs. This is so difficult. The reality sucks. I dig my face in my palms. I am feeling deceived, cheated right now. My phone rings and I quickly grab it hoping Shivaay had called but it's from Prateek Uncle. I wipe my tears and pick up the call. HE tells me that the couple will be here tomorrow morning.

I look around the apartment and let out a frustrated sigh. Everything is messed up, Everything! The half eaten cake is still here on the table. There are around more than 10 beer bottles, some half drunk, some empty and some barely drunk. I walk to the kitchen and grab a trash bag. Emptying the bottles in the sink, I dump them into the bag. I put the half eaten cake into the refrigerator and vacuum clean the whole apartment. 

It's midnight but thankfully the whole apartment is cleaned. I fall on my bed and try not thinking about anything like I wasn't when I was cleaning. I will go to his office the first thing in the morning and will confront him. What will happen, I will ready myself but I am not thinking anything now. I close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep. 

I quickly change into a floral skirt ending on my knees and a white T-Shirt with a denim jacket. I leave my hair open and walk out of the room. It's already noon. I curse my alarm for not waking me up in the morning. 

The door bell rings as I enter the kitchen to get drink some water and my lips breaks into a grin thinking Shivaay to be at the door. I literally run towards the gate and my happiness turns into disappointment as I open the door. Prateek uncle is standing at the door with the couple. I don't even know the names but the couple is adorable and their baby in the father's arms is the cutest. 

"Hi." I force a smile and invite them inside. The baby throws himself on me and I look at his mother before taking him in my arms. His eyes are very beautiful just like Shivaay's. 

"I am Dev and she is my wife Sonakshi. And the little monkey in your arms is our son Shubh." The man introduces and I shake hands with both of them introducing myself as Annika.

"Were you going somewhere?" Sonakshi asks me, actually reminding me. 

"Ohh yea! I had some work. I'll be back soon." I give Shubh back to his mother and walk out of the apartment.

I am standing at the entrance of his office. I am very scared, honestly too much scared. I can't live without him and I won't be able to take his betrayal. I take a deep breath and enter the office building. I ask the receptionist about Shivaay and she asks me to wait as she makes a call. She tells me after keeping the phone that Shivaay isn't in office but at home. I thank her and drive towards his house without thinking anything. 

When I came here for the first time, I was drunk and by looking at the video, I decided that I won't come here again ever but I am here standing at the gates. I enter and Omkara and Rudra comes in front of me as if waiting for me only. 

"Hi, bhaiyya ki girlfriend." Rudra greets and I smile. 

"I want to meet Shivaay. He is here right?" I ask crossing my fingers. 

"He is here only Annika, in his room but he doesn't want to meet you. He asked us to inform you." Omkara says bowing his head and I gulp the lump formed in my throat. I take two steps back and runs out of there. 

I drive harshly to Mallika's house and as she open the door, I collapse on her crying my heart out. 

Shivaay's POV

I control the urge to go and hug her tightly. She's in pain and this pain is just because of me. But I can't face her until or unless I get to know what happened last night. If something very intimate have happened between us, I'll have to prepare myself for that and how to handle the situation. I love her. I don't want her body but her. But all of this is complicated too. 

My brothers come towards me with questioning looks. I had told them to tell what they told Annika as I got a call from office about her arrival there. I lead them to my room and get ready to tell them what happened last night.

.........................
.........................

HEY GUYS!

I AM SORRY IF THE UPDATE TURNED OUT TO BE A CRAP. I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH IT...........