Hurt

Trigger warning self harm
                    (Please stay safe!)
The rest of the class I couldn't even concentrate.
Everything was a blur, all I could think about was what was going to happen when I got home.
And without noticing, I start to scratch my arm.
                       (At the end of class)
As soon as the bell rings I run outside and ignore Nikki and Neil trying to ask me about, something.
I couldn't tell what they were asking everything was still a blur to me.
I ran to the bathroom with my backpack and into a stall.
At this point no one was in the bathroom.
I put down the backpack in front of me and reach into it.
I than pull out the razor.
I roll up my right pant leg and I... I start cutting.
This dosent phase me, as I've done it more times then I can remember.
I don't cry or anything, I just... stay calm and try to forget what happened in class as I relieve my emotional pain.
I watch in awe as I make my first cut and watch the blood rise to the short, but deep cut I made.
I don't bleed out everywhere like in those movies, or short films.
The blood just rises to the top cut to make small, dark red droplets.
Before the blood can ooze out I grab some toilet paper to clean it up.
Words can't describe how fucking addicting this is.
I space out and before I know it my whole leg, from my knee down was covered in cuts.
"Fuck"
I grab more toilet paper and wrap it around my leg.
Then around the razor, and put it back in my backpack.
I roll my pant leg back down and leave the bathroom.
I barely made it for my next class, time seemed... so short.
(At lunch)
As I sat down at our usual table Nikki and Neil almost immediately notice that something's off with me.

Neil's POV
I looked at max, who was approaching our table and immediately knew that something was up.
He never looked this sad...
Then I remember him telling me that his parents were gonna be mad if he got a bad grade, or something like that.
Not thinking about how this would affect him, I bring it up.
"So max,"
I see his head shoot back at me with the most dead stare I've ever seen.
"W-What score did you get on the test?"
He looked so much more worried then before I had asked that question, and I quickly regretted asking him that.
He reached into his backpack, pulled out some stapled pieces of paper and with a shameful look showed the front page to me.
"WHAT THE HELL!?"
Said a familiar voice behind me.
It was Nikki.
"YOU GOT THE BEST GRADE IN THE FUCKING CLASS! I HEARD THAT REBECCA GOT THE BEST GRADE AND SHE GOT A FUCKING C+!"
"It dosent fucking matter."
he said, looking down at his shoes.
"W-What will your parents do?"
Said Neil, sounding concerned.
"They'll, they'll get really mad at me."
He said in a trembling response.

Nikki's POV
I look closer at max and see that he's... shaking?
I take this as I sign that I shouldn't press forward, but Neil didn't...
"W-what do they do to you max?"
I look at Neil an make an X with my arms, (basically this 🙅‍♀️) symbolizing that he shouldn't keep on asking, and that it was obviously a touchy subject.
But he just didn't fucking listen.
"Max? Can you answer?"
I watch as max looked away to think of a response.
I take this as an opportunity to whisper to Neil.
"Dude what the fuck are you doing?"
I say, obviously pissed.
"Nikki I need to know what his parents are doing."
He whispered back.
Max then turned around.
"I-I told you, they just get mad at me."
"Yes but what the fuck do they do!?"
Neil yelled back.
I watch in horror as they argue.
"I-I don't fucking know! Thy just yell at me I guess!"
"And What the hell is going on at this school as well! Don't think we forgot when you 'mysteriously' got that bruise and cut on your lip!"
And that's when max snapped.
"JESUS CHRIST I ALREADY FUCKING TOLD YOU I FELL ON MY WAY TO MY LOCKER."
"EVEN IM NOT BUYING THAT SHIT MAX WE ALL KNOW SOMEONE DID THAT TO YOU."
I say, interrupting their fight.
They both stare at me, shocked that I just immediately yelled that after being quiet for a while.
I said that so loudly in fact, about two or three people were starring at us.

791 words