Prologue

Leon POV

Names Leon Hunter Spletzer, i live in Squidtopia. A city not too far from Inkopolis but far enough from the city i call home. Im 18 years old and i live with my mother in a tiny apartment not to far from the center of my city. My mother, Cynthia, is the only person left in my life that i love. Shes always there in my time of need...unlike my father....My sister moved out years ago with her new husband. Hehe, when i was young, i always contemplated if i was going to find someone myself in the future. So its just me and my mother now, i help pay rent with my job as a turf war competitor! Turf war has always been my favorite sport since i was just a wee inkling. Now im rank #1 in my city and possibly in the whole nation...Well thats what i want to believe anyway. My mother is very proud of me and wants me to achieve in this sport, but i hope she realizes the consequences of "achieving".

Its now Friday night and im heading home with another stack of winners money, gotta get some good sleep tonight to be ready for tomarrow, hope my mother understands with what i want to do with this sport...

I close my eyes and drift into deep sleep with butterflies in my stomach for tomarrow.