Chapter 20: Planning

Narrator POV

It was morning in octobase...But you couldnt really tell becuase it was dark down there anyways. The only way to tell was the time. Everyone suprisingly was quiet. In the front of the base there were a couple of octolings playing cards on a table. Some octotroopers were trying to open a jar of pickles in the kitchen. Near the basement were Skarkets elite octoling squad, who were standing in front of the door to Skarlets personal gym. One of them knocked on the door loudly.

Octoling 1: Hey Skarlet! You called for us?

Octoling 2: Yeah! We's was nappin ah?! (The 2nd octoling has a Chicago accent)

The 3rd girl was silent, but also wondering what Skarlet wanted.

Skarlet POV

Skarlet was doing pull ups inside her gym.

Skarlet: 48...49...*pant* ...50!

She dropped down feeling great. She stretched her slim body and legs. Next she was about to do squats until she heard the loud banging. She walked over to the door to her gym and peeked through the dorr hole. It was her team. She opened the door wide and welcomed them in.

Skarlet: Ahh! Welcome ladies, I have things to discuss with you three

Octoling 2: Why down here though? It smells like something died down 'ere

Skarlet: Suck it up buttercup, its not that bad!

Skarlet walked around the weight room with her arms up showing its fine. To the octolings disliking...They sighed and dealt with it.

Octoling 3: So why are we needed?

Skarlet: Good question, come, sit with me at this table

The table in the corner was small and had exactly four chairs. The three octolings sat around the table with Skarlet at one of the ends. There was a single light above them, which flickered every now and then.

Skarlet: Alright! So, hows everyone feeling?

Octoling 1: Kinda slow...

Octoling 2: Eh, lazing around latley...

Octoling 3: When do we eat?

Skarlet: Excellent! Now I have something important from the boss and she needed us four!

The girls looked at her with serious looks. Skarlet stood up and started circling the table.

Skarlet: Its been 3 days since that inkling took over another sector. Thats TWICE now, we can not fail a 3rd time or the boss will get angry.

Octoling 1: Well, he only captured two becuase of our army. If anything, were doomed.

Octoling 3: Yeah, were doomed becuase *Points at octoling 2* SHE is clumsy!

Octoling 2: ME?! Your the one who screwed us on our last mission!

Octoling 1: Actually, that was you...