Chapter 69: Downfall

Narrator POV

The time has come. This is it...All this way and nothing left to lose... The final boss fight...Is this where it all ends?

Our heroes had defeated the last line of defence from supreme leader Vulkan. The mighty Octo Stomp was no more but stomped himself by the brave Callie and Leon. Rescued by Sheldon and the others, Marie and Leon had finally recovered Skarlet back to her former self. As such, everyone gave her lots of attention on the ride inside the helicopter. Everything was finally coming together... Only one thing left to do...

Vulkan POV

Silence...Filled the room... Not a single sound but a keyboard and a dark and evil being behind it. It was Vulkan. The octoling scientist was entering a code on a large screen.

Vulkan: Computer, open number pad

With the command of his raspy voice, the screen switched to a password screen.

Computer: Please enter passcode

Vulkan: Hm

He slowly typed in the code:

61517

Then, the computer made some sounds...

Computer: Code is correct...Initializing cannon into combat sequence...

Loading...

Vulkan: Mmmhahaha

He quickly stood up and did a small twirl.

Vulkan: Ahh it feels GOOD to be the bad guy---

Rori: Master master!

Vulkan: What is it?!

Two octoling girls out of breath and sweaty came storming into the giant room.

Arya: We have an *Pant* issue...

Sweat dripped down into her cleavage while her tounge hung out.

Vulkan: Quickly! What's the problem?

Rori: *Pant* A helicopter...*Pant* has been spotted...

All Vulkan did was smirk. Arya held her knees bent over trying to catch her breath.

Vulkan: Let our snipers take care of them--

Rori: The sniper team is down!

Vulkan: *Gasp!* The Octostomp should have--

Arya: He's gone too! Litteraly exploded!

This was now news to the dark lord.

Vulkan: Then---

Arya: Then nothing! Theres nothing left! The squidbeak had breached through our last line of defence!

Rori: And its all up to you! Your the last of the weapons here!

Vulkan looked away and his face darkened.

Vulkan: Hahaha...Then I guess they want the worst punishment of all...

Arya and Rori both looked at each other in confusion. Vulkan walked over to a terminal where the hot ink sample Callie developed was placed. He pushed a button releasing the now empty tube canister and tossed it to the ground which broke on impact due to it being made out of glass. A green light flashed near the cannon's main conputer console. Underneath the light was a button.

Vulkan: Everyone did their jobs...To distract the squidbeak long enough for me to have my redemption on every last inkling on the planet!! Time to reveal years of creation!