Chapter 44: Octo Rage

Skarlet POV

It was dark outside. Marie and Leon had just left to the HQ. Leon was called up for something that seemed urgent by the Cap'n. In the meantime, Skarlet was outside the shack accompanied by Liz. They were polishing their weapons and just talking about life.

Liz: Cleaning the barrel can be a pain, but once your done, it really shines!

She was talking about the end of her splattershot.

Skarlet: Heh, trust me, cleaning the rollers back at base were a Nightmare...

Liz: We don't use rollers much. Except for Callie, she prefers them

Skarlet: Yeah? Thats cool...

She looked at the ground, then at her weapon.

Skarlet: What is Callie like? I hardly know her...I mean I do know her but not in this way

Liz set her gun to the side.

Liz: Callie can be really sweet and kind, or just in your face kinda person. Known as agent 1, she fought alongside me and Marie in the great octo war when we were younger

Skarlet: Describe in your face...

Liz: Well, if she gets too excited, she gets a little touchy...

Skarlet: (Explains why she can't keep her hands off of Leon...) she thought.

Liz: She is very loyal though. She may act immature, but she gets the job done. Plus, everyone loves her!

Skarlet: Oh yeah...She sings and stuff, right?

Liz: Yeah

Skarlet: Hmm....

Liz: What?

Skarlet: She used to sing back at base. She made a remix of some song she said she used to sing as a solo...

Liz knew what song she was talking about.

Liz: Bomb rush blush?! A remix?! I wanna hear!

Skarlet: Geez calm down! Its just a stupid song...

*Ting!*

Skarlet: Ow! What the shell!

Liz: Its not stupid! It took her months to make those lyrics!

Skarlet shrugged and went back to cleaning her gun. Liz sat back down and continued hers. The moon shined bright tonight, kinda ominous...

Liz: Its a beautiful night huh Skarlet?

Skarlet: *scoff* Guess it is

Liz: Ever since Callie came back everything seems to be cheerful again

Skarlet: Yeah. I was so deep underground all my life...I never really got to see any of this...

Liz stood up and breathed in.

Liz: Callie needs to see this...

Liz turned around and stopped to see Skarlet looking at her with bloodshot eyes.

Liz: Yo...You Ok?

Skarlet: ....

Her body was shaking and her teeth sharp.

Liz: Skarlet...

Skarlet: Go...Away...Before I---ARRG...

She fell to her knees. Liz ran up.