Chapter 22.5: We're a Team (Mini Chapter)

Skarlet POV

Skarlet: You WHAT?!

Octoling 3: He treated me well! So I let him go!

Skarlet and the octoling were back at base in her room. Skarlet was pacing back and forth worried what Callie would say. The octoling was in a chair with her arms crossed. She still had the wraps around her face and nose from Leon.

Skarlet: You doomed us all! Hes dangerous to us!

Octoling 3: Hes not that bad, if anything he would've released you if he captured you

Skarlet thought about what she said. Maybe Leon would have let her go...Skarlet noticed the octoling was rubbing her nose which still hurt a little.

Skarlet: Who patched you? We didn't have first aid on the mission...

Octoling 3: Leon. He has heart you know, unlike SOME people...

She glared at Skarlet. Skarlet narrowed her eyes.

Skarlet: Is that the reason you let him go?! Becuase hes soft!?

Octoling 3: Yeah! He cares for others!

Skarlet got in her face.

Skarlet: What are you trying to infer...

The octoling held her breath to Skarlet. She was nervous but she was just done with being treated horribly.

Octoling 3: Im tired of being treated like trash! Im tired of YOU always leaving us behind! You never cared! All you want is that green inkling on you! Pitiful excuse of a commander!

Skarlet froze. She could feel her body steaming like a tea kettle.

Skarlet: What...Did you just say...

Octoling 3: I hate you!!

That did it. Skarlet stepped back with wide eyes. The octoling glared at Skarlet then burtsted into tears loudly. She drenched her hands into eyes. She cried tears of anger, rage, and embarrassment. Skarlet just looked at her. Her hands on her mouth and her eyes widen big. The octoling soldier kept crying, Skarlet could feel the anger coming out of the tears. Skarlet's anger quickly changed to feeling like squit. She was about to speak when she was cut off.

Octoling 3: What am I to you?! *sob* am I just another foot soldier you can toss around!?

Skarlet felt warm and slightly upset. Her heart was bumping.

Octoling 3: To think I could've made myself a person after the war was over...At this rate were good as dead!!

Her commander gritted her teeth at that. Skarlet blinked and a single tear fell, she quickly wiped it off to show strength.

Octoling 3: I just wanted a life...

The octoling flinched as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She slowly looked up to see Skarlet in another chair in front of her. She had a sad look in her face.

Skarlet: *sniff* Look, I understand your anger and your hatred to me...But im just trying my hardest! Theres so much on my mind. Ive been stressed and planning on how to win this battle against those squids. Not to mention the boss has her eyes on me. Im deeply sorry if I ever came out wrong towards you *hugs octoling* If anything, I just want to be a strong leader to you...*sniff*

The octoling was in shock. She thought Skarlet NEVER had a soft side to her. Skarlet was always tough and witty. However, she was almost in tears as well. The octoling hugged back.

Octoling 3: Thank you, commander. I understand your troubles. And no, I don't hate you or our army. If anything I hate those squids! I know we can pull through...*remembers Leon kicking there ass* Eventually...But is it true? Am I just another soldier to you?

Skarlet pulled back with wide eyes.

Skarlet: No!! Your one of my leading ladies! Hehe, your the ones I call in when those idiot octotroopers can't shoot squit!

They both giggled. The octoling licked her lips.

Octoling 3: Your right

Skarlet: And trust me, though you let Leon go...That just means there still time to have fun with him some more~

They both had dreamy looks on thier faces. They snapped from dirty thoughts and hugged one more time.

Skarlet: Alright, now get out! Go take a nice bath. You've earned it...

The octoling nodded and smiled. She was about to leave when Skarlet stopped her.

Skarlet: Oh and remember, we're a team. No matter what happens, I'll never leave you behind. Promise.

Octoling 3: Aww, is the great Skarlet Rose going soft??

Skarlet smirked and punched her arm. They chuckled and the octoling made her leave. Skarlet smiled and sighed. She then jumped on her bed. She wanted to look at her picture of Leon, but it seemed to be missing...Skarlet looked all over the room for it. Where was it?

---Meanwhile---

The octoling that had a revelation with Skarlet, was taking a nice hot bath. However, she had a picture of Leon in swim wear.

Octoling 3: *giggle* ready for some fun Leon?

She and the image both sunk into the water.