Chapter 8: Octo base

Narrator POV

It was another bright and sunny day. Our two inklings were still alseep in there beds. Seeing they weren't going to wake up anytime soon. Leon had a epic yet eventful day yesterday. Marie was very tired that night as well and will probably sleep in as well as Leon. But there was one aquatic creature who was up early, it was Skarlet.

Skarlet POV

Octobase. A big prison type place, made out of metal and iron. Looked really gritty and unfriendly. It was hidden underground with hardly any light. The octolings had superior vision so it wasn't hard to make there way around. Skarlet was entering back through the main doors and entered the main room.

Octotrooper 1: Oh squit! Its the commander!

Everyone was slacking off and shooting each other with ink. Skarlet was furious and slammed her fist on the wall beside her.

Skarlet: GRAAA! All of you, outside, 100 push ups, GO!!

Everyone yellped and ran past her to the double doors that led outside. She watched as she gritted her teeth.

Skarlet: Idiots! No wander they get splatted so easily!

Skarlet then walked up some stairs and down a narrow hallway that led to a door that said "Commander Skarlet Rose, OFF LIMITS" She entered her room and didn't bother locking her door. She then stripped herself until she was only in a bra and panties. She laid on her bed and sighed

Skarlet: What are we gonna do? Im the commander of an army of dumbsquits. They can't even open a jar of pickles!

---meanwhile---

Octotrooper 1: hmm im kinda hungry...maybe some pickles....mmmmh! MMMMH! *throws pickle jar and still dosen't open* CMON!!

---Back to Skarlet---

She put her hands on her eyes

Skarlet: With Leon around, we're sure to get whooped.

She then got an idea

She pulled out the agent ID Leon dropped on his escape from her grasp. She started reading it. The front had a mug shot of Leon and said:

Name: Leon Hunter Spletzer
Code Name: Agent 4
Age: 18
Origin: Squidtopia
Commanding officer: Marie

Skarlet froze and swear shes heard that name from somewhere, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She flipped the card but nothing on the back.

Skarlet: Useless!

She was about to throw the card, but hesitated and looked at the picture of Leon with his signature smile.

Skarlet: Once this is all over, and we win...We're gonna marry and move far away, cutie

She kissed the picture and put it back in her pocket. Then, someone knocked on her door. She stood up and put her armour back on and walked to the door but didn't open it.

Skarlet: What is it?!

Octotrooper: Ma'am, I think we have a new battle strategy to stop your inkling problem

Skarlet was suprised to hear someone other than her ACTUALLY had a plan. She opened the door.

Skarlet: Come in. We'll talk

She let the Octo in and closed the door behind him. She walked to a desk with papers and war documents on it. She patted the chair in front of her and said:

Skarlet: Sit down, and don't dissapoint. You don't wanna end up like poor Phil

She pointed at a window with his outline smashed through it. The octo gulped and sat down on the chair in front of commander Rose. He was sweating and just staring at her.