Chapter 3: Inkopolis

Cap'n Cuttlefish POV

Cap'n Cuttlefish: (This young man, Leon, could have potential. But i need to ask him a few questions for the remainder of this trip)

He turned to Leon, who was now sitting across from him.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: So Leon, what fate brought you to Inkopolis?

Leon: Well, im a turf war player. Ive been in the sport for 10 years now. Back home i was known as a legend, no one could splat me. Of course only becuase of years of practise that is. The leagues at Inkopolis invited me to join and further my career and become a turf war champion!

Leon was practically screaming causing a inkling baby to start crying.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: You sure are a determined one...I like that. Full of spirit and energy! Hohoho my grandaughters could learn a thing or two from you.

Leon looked puzzled at the though of his granddaughters.

Leon: you keep mentioning these girls, who are they?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: aye, they are my treasures yet a pain in my suction cups...but most importantly they are the SQUID SISTERS!

Cuttlefish said this with glee but soon had a face of worry as he saw Leons reaction.

Leon: umm dosen't ring a bell...

Cap'n Cuttlefish: (anime fall) you don't know the squid sisters?! Why, there the freshest squids around!

Leon: Sorry, are they like Off the Hook? I know them

Cap'n Cuttlefish: you could say they are similar, but nothing compares!

Leon: well, im a fan of Off the Hook!, think we could meet them??!

Cap'n Cuttlefish: they are mighty busy, constantly, but its possible to catch them on lunch break. You can get a picture and autograph if you want.

Leons eyes lit up. So much to do already. Just thinking about life in Inkopolis made his brain swirl.

Soon the comms spoke again: "Inkopolis station 10 miles"

Leon heard and was excited to see the sights and the tour. He looked back at Cuttlefish he was still eyeballing him.

Leon: Sir? Do you need something?

Cuttlefish looked away and started speaking to himself.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: (he looks like he's in great shape, and it says here he's in the top 5 for turf wars nationally) as he looked up Leon's stats on his phone. (He would be one hell of an agent, if he joined the splatoon, them octos would fear us for life!)

Leon didn't get a responce and just shrugged it off. He layed down on the seat using his brief case as a pillow and drifted to sleep until the ride ended.

Cuttlefish looked at him very carefully and then smiled.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: He reminds me of Marie when he sleeps, i wonder if those two would make great partners?....

------1 hour later-------

The comms spoke again and for the final time. "Welcome to Inkopolis station! Hope you enjoy your stay at the freshest city!

Leon woke up quick to a violent shake from Cuttlefish.

Leon: wh--what?! Whats going on!?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: we've arived my green friend!

Leon shot up and looked out the window and saw the outskirts of the city.

Leon: Holy carp! Cmon! Let's go!

Cuttlefish just laughed and followed Leon out the train and onto the platform.

Leon then followed Cuttlefish out of security and then a group of people who looked like they were ready for a splatfest, though none were in the making. Leon noticed people staring at him which he knew why. The 3rd best turf war player in the nation was walking through Inkopolis station.

Random male inkling: Oh my carp...is that...No...L--Leon???!

Random female inkling: OMG IT SO IS HIM!

Now Leon got this attention a lot but never talked about it due to him hating to boast and gloat about his talent and skill. However, it did feel nice to be recognized. Cuttlefish noticed this too and chuckled then turned to Leon.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: You have quite the fame there Leon, hohoho

Leon: Yeah, but don't let it sto----

He was cut off by a crowd of inklings tackling him.

Random male inkling: Can you sign my gear!?!?

Random female inkling: Can you sign my splattershot?!?

Random male inkling 2: Dude, your like the greatest man! Your a killer shot too!!

Random female inklimg 2: KISS ME!

Leon was pinned to the ground but was happy to help his fans, except for that last request. Soon he did was he was asked and the inklings finally walked away leaving the last girl disappointed with no smooch. He turned to Cuttlefish.

Leon: Well, shall we continue?

The two finally arrived to a sign saying *Inkopolis, fresh city, fresh life*. Just before them was the square. Leon's eyes never have been bigger with all the breath taking views of the city before him. The adds, people, the shops, and the main attraction, the turf war league lobby was not far from view. Cuttlefish saw this and closed Leon's mouth due to drool.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: I noticed from your mouth your happy to see the place. Why don't i give the tour now? Its a big city after all.

Leon: Yes please, that would be very helpful!

The two walked towards the middle and started on the right. They walked into a clothes store and gear shop. Leon was thrilled to see gear in such quality on the shelves. He felt he belonged here. After the clothes and gear shop they entered the gym where buff and bulky inklings were crushin iron and lifting bricks. Cuttlefish looked at some of the body builders and sighed.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: I used to have body like that...

Leon looked at him up and down with funny look on his face. But chuckled due to his age removing his muscles.

Leon grabbed a dumbell and started to lift. When he finished he knew this was going to be something he would come back to everyday.

After that they continued the tour, Leon gave out more autographs to fans, but was starting to get hungry. His stomach made a growling noice and Cuttlefish heard.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Ya hungry there ma boy?

Leon: (slightly red) Yes

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Then follow me! I know i great food court, Crusty Seans!

Leon was happy to hear that as he was ready to chow down after that long ride.

They made it to the court and got in line, Leon with his ticket in hand ready to get Seans best sandwhitch. As he was waiting he felt a tug on his arm and turned around in complete shock.