Chapter 63: Goodbyes

*About an hour before Skar-L acquired her Mecha Suit*

Narrator POV

5p.m..... The sun casted dark shadows over the Squidbeak HQ. Dusk was only an hour away. The canyon seemed darker as well... The time has come for the agents on their deadly quest to rescue Skarlet.

Our heroes had just finished the last (Or so they think) meeting with the Sheldon and the Cap'n. Now the agents were gathering supplies and gear to carry over into the Flying Fortress. Pearl and Marina arrived as well to help with this deadly quest. The two idols had clipboards to check off items while they watched Liz and Ava load up the chopper with various gear like ink tanks, weapons, safety vests, some rope, and bombs.

Marina: Just a few more things agents...

Pearl: Ay Liz! Don't forget those boxes we brought! They're full of auto bombs!

Liz dropped a box inside of the helicopter and groaned.

Liz: *Snarl* Where is Leon and Marie?! Me and Ava can't do this alone!

Ava dropped her box and giggled to hear Liz angry again.

Ava: Hehe, Oh Liz! Leon told me he and the squid sisters are meditating before we leave!

Liz: Figures...

Pearl: Mush! Mush I say!

Agent 8 happily skipped out to grab another box of supplies. Liz had a dark storm cloud over her head as she growled passed Pearl. Marina frowned at Pearl.

Pearl: ...What?

Marina: Don't work them too hard, maybe you should help them

Pearl: Me?! Why not you?

Marina gulped.

Marina: heh...I uh...Need to keep track of items! *Anime sweat*

Pearl just scoffed and kept counting boxes while Marina wrote down more numbers.

Ava POV

The small pink octoling was back inside the HQ looking for the last couple of boxes.

Ava: Just a few more and then were done! Right Liz?

Liz: Yeah yeah...Uff!

She lifted a big crate and tried hard not to drop it.

Liz: Carp! Mmm! Geez, what did Pearl pack in here?!

Ava: It is rather big...Here, let me help!

Ava grabbed the other end and lifted with her knees. The box went higher and they both began to slowly walk out.

Liz: Steady now...

Ava: >~<

The box got heavy really fast!

Ava: L-Liz...I c-can't hold on much longer!

Liz: Easy Ava!

Liz walked backwords faster to try and speed up the process. Poor Ava's legs began to wobble.

Ava: Mmmm!

Liz: Please don't dro---*CRACK*

She tried hard to not let go...But she couldn't hold it any longer...Thus, dropping it right on Liz's feet.

Ava: ...!!!

Liz: ....

Liz's face turned bright red and a small tear fell from her eye.