Chapter 4: Rookie

Narrator POV

------10 minutes before Leon arrives to the food court------

Pearl and Marina were enjoying a relaxing lunch break together. They were both concerned however the recent actions of Callie going missing and wasn't doing anything about it. But they were idols who needed to stay positive to keep the city alive and fluent. Marina spoke up.

Marina: Hey pearlie, what do you think happend to Callie?

Pearl: Heck if i know? If anything probably gave up knowing were the best! She threw her arms in the air.

Marina giggled at her actions but was still worried. (Is squidbeak gonna find her?) She thought.

As they finished eating they heard some inklings talking about the turf war legend, Leon, being in the square.

Marina: Turf war legend?...isn't that...LEON?! He's super good!

Pearl: Yeah i heard he spaltted 45 in a single match!

Soon the green inkling himself appeared and was ready to eat. Pearl and Marina were in shock as they are fans of his live streams of his turf war highlights.

Pearl: Look! Its him! Its really him!
She said jumping like a little girl.

Leon had been in line for a while now but never noticed Off the Hook was 5 feet away from him. He then felt a tug on his arm and turned around quickly and was in shock. Off the Hook was standing right in from him with pen and paper ready. His heart sank.

Pearl: Leon! Your turf war pro Yo! You gotta teach me them skills

Leon: (SQUIT! im to tense to speak! My music idols are asking for MY AUTOGRAPH?? what is happening?!)

Leon just stood there with eyes wide fumblimg on his words.

Pearl: well hot shot? Do you speak?

Marina: pearl! Give him space!

Leon: No no! Its okay, im just baffled, i didn't expect my two favorite idols asking for my autograph, if anything i came to ask you guys!

Pearl and Marina were both smiling hearing to be there favorite turf war player's favorite music stars.

Marina: Glad your a fan Leon! She wrote her initials on his...his...she wasn't sure what to sign.

Marina: umm is there something specific you want it written?

Leon: Yeah! He pulled out a album he brought and they both signed it. Leon was now complete.

Leon: You guys are the greatest!! He said hugging them.

They returned the hug, but let out a huge sigh.

Pearl: We know why your really here, Leon.

Leon: what?

Marina: We have some...terrible news she said with her hands hanging low.

Leon: (Don't tell me....)

Pearl: your probably here for the turf war national league, we understand your here to continue your stardom and become champ, but unfortunately for you...the league is closed until further notice....

Leon fell to his knees upon hearing that. Everything he did to prepare up to this point was now ruined, not forever, but what was he gonna do until it opens? Pearl and Marina felt horrible seeing him like that knowing his passion for the sport. They even saw he had a new model of the charger ready to go.