Chapter 30: Can't sleep

Marie POV

It was 5 a.m. A certain grey inkling was up and out of bed already. Marie was sitting in front of her mirror with bags under her eyes. She felt bad and tired. She only slept for a few hours, her mind was racing about Callie and the dream she had. She rubbed her eyes and started to brush her tentacles out. As she was brushing them, some words echoed in her mind;

Leon: (You look so cute with your tentacles tied up.....)

She smiled a little. She grabbed a tie and put her tentacles in her classic bow. When she finished she stared at herself in the mirror.

Marie: Stay fresh!...

She did her pose and tried to stay positive...But it just wasn't the same anymore. Her smile went away as her hands went down from her pose and onto her lap. She felt like the squid sisters are done forever... She sighed and looked over at Leon who was dead asleep. She slowly sat near his face and gently rubbed his head.

Leon meant so much to Marie. Everything he's done for her was way past expectations. Without him, Marie probably would've just given up and roamed the nights of Inkopolis, waiting for Callie to return. But Leon held her high and kept her close. She loved him very much.

Marie: (Should I wake him up?) She thought.

She was about to but then she rememberd his wound. Slowly and carefully, she lifted his shirt just enough to see that it was finally healed. Like she said, it became a big scar, but for some reason, the scar made him look more attractive... She kissed his scar out of love which made him talk in his sleep.

Leon: (Your so warm Marie...)

Marie blushed and sat up. She felt her face, she was a little warm. She giggled and went to her closet and threw on her kimono. She thought a nice morning stroll to the pond in the canyon would ease her mind off of the chaos. Her umbrella sat in a corner, she picked it up and walked to the main room and out the front door.

She was walking nice and slow and enjoyed the morning breeze. Some seagulls flew by and chirped past the inkling idol. She twirled her umbrella and kept moving until she made it to the pond.

Splash

The tiny Koi fish in the pond were Maries favorite. She would feed them some bread crumbs which she kept in a small bag. She was sittting on her knees as she watched them swim in line. She breathed in some air and got up to sit down on a nearby bench. She rested her umbrella on her shoulder and watched the clouds pass by. Her beautiful eyes always had a low look to them, she was sarcastic most of the time which was also funny, not to mention her teasing. She had flash backs of when Callie and her used to go shopping.

Flashback

Callie: Oh my gosh! Marie! Look at these clothes!

Marie: Wow! They would look great on you!

Callie: Really?!

Marie: No

Callie puffed her cheeks as Marie smirked. She nudged Callie.

Marie: Im just kidding you baby, Cmon, I'll pay

Callies eyes turned to stars.

Callie: Thank you! I love you Marie!

Marie: Yeah, yeah...

End of Flashback

Marie giggled and sighed.

Marie: I was always a little rude to her, but I still loved her

Skarlet: Loved who?