Chapter 37: Preparation

Leon POV

Dawn of the next morning, our loving couple were asleep, or so one of them was. It was Leon. He had been tucked in even more than usual... The sun shined bright as the window in his room was opened with the curtains pushed aside. The suns rays shined through and tickled Leon's nose. He groaned and pulled the sheets over his head. Then, the rays bled through the sheet and continued to bother him. He gritted his teeth and shot up.

Leon: Graah! Fine sun! You win...ughhh

He rubbed his green eyes and looked to his right. Marie wasn't in bed anymore.

Leon: Marie? He called out.

Leon: Where is she?

He got out of bed and stretched. He than began to do his morning routines. He first began to stretch his arms, then his legs, then touched his toes. After, he jogged in place for a bit and then did some sets of push ups and sit ups. Leon was a pretty active inkling boy. He stood back up and smiled to himself in the mirror.

Leon: Todays the day...Were coming for you Callie...Huh?!

In the reflection of the mirror, he saw Marie's Callie doll sitting on his side of the bed. He had a wide eyed look as it frightened him a little. He sat on the bed side and looked at the doll. It seemed to be...Staring back.

Leon: How did you get there? Heh, cute little doll

He picked it up. The eyes were gold like Marie. The dolls arms and legs were cute stubs. The smile was wide and full of bubbly energy it seemed. Leon examined it some more until he put it back on the dresser. He patted the head and left for the bathroom. Upon him leaving, the doll appeared to be smiling brighter.

Leon had to use the bathroom and brush his teeth for the day. As he approached the bathroom door in the hallway, a light was already on and you could hear a shower running. Leon, being careful, slowly opened it to see it was safe. However, Liz was showering. She noticed the curtains grew darker.

Liz: Hello??

Leon: Yo

Liz: LEON!? What are you doing in here?!

Leon: Relax, Im just doing my buisness, Im not weird, I promise

The tone of his voice seemed so reassuring. Liz smiled and continued her cleaning. He finished up his buisness and went to the sink. He grabbed his tooth brush and paste, and brushed his fangs.

Liz: You ready today?

Leon: Yeah, Marie had a theory that Callie could possibly be there

He then remembered the Callie doll on the bed...

Liz: If she is, we have to be careful to not harm her. We don't want Marie's soul mate dead? Besides you... She teased.

Leon: If she does get frisky, we may have to resort to force

Liz: Roger that

Leon finished brushing his teeth and began to brush his tentacles back. Liz was done and turned the shower off. She stuck out an arm and said;

Liz: Yo Leon, can you hand me my towel?

Leon: Yeah...Here you go

He approached the curtains and handed her the towel. She wrapped herself in it and stepped out. Leon stepped back in shock.

Leon: Im still in here!

Liz: Im covered up, relax.

Leon just continued to finish up his tentacles. Liz thought of a way to make him blush...