Chapter 9: Date?!

Narrator POV

(While Skarlet was at her base...)

Leon was sound asleep until he woke up to something warm on his face.

Leon: Uhhhhhhggg, *Looks right at the sun* AHH, Every, single, TIME!

Marie came running into the room.

Marie: Leon!! Your back!

Leon was confused at first, but then remembered last night... Marie threw her arms around him

Marie: I thought I lost you too!

Leon: Never. Im not going anywhere, anytime soon, Marie. He said with a reassuring smile.

Marie smiled a little but looked down and realized she was hugging him while he was laying down. She blushed slightly and quickly moved off of him.

Marie: Cmon, lets go get something to eat

Leon: Ok! I'll make my famous pancakes!

Marie shook her head

Marie: I was thinking we could...y'know....maybe we can....

She was fumbling on her words and didn't know how to ask. Marie was contemplating whether to ask Leon on a date for appreciation of completing the first sector. Leon saw Marie was having a hard time speaking. He was used to this and just grabbed her arm.

Leon: Hey relax, Its just me, Agent 4, were a team, you can tell me anything.

Marie: Well, I was hoping...as a reward for your effort yesterday, we could go out to eat?

Leon was screaming on the inside. He hasn't been out with a girl since highschool. But something told him to relax. It was Marie after all. Someone he trusts his life with. He then smirked and said.

Leon: So like a date?

Marie was now caught and just went with the flow

Marie: Um well...Yes

Leon: Ok

Marie was suprised

Marie: So its a date then?

Leon: Yes, I'll go on a date with you

Marie was screaming in her mind to hear those words.

Marie:(I wonder if we could do some other things while were out) Hey, Leon?

Leon got up from bed and looked at her.

Leon: Hm?

Marie: After we eat, do you think we could walk around the square and maybe do some other things?

Leon thought for a minute and smiled

Leon: Sure

He then paused

Leon: Wait, if your an idol, then how are you gonna walk through without people screaming in your face?

Marie: Don't worry, ive got that all figured out.

She then winked at Leon and turned to leave but stopped and turned to him

Marie: Wear something casual, no need to arm yourself to the teeth. You earned a break for today.

Leon nodded. He watched Marie leave and he began to get dressed for his date with the idol. He thought:

Leon: Who would have thought a guy like me would go out with a girl as popular as her?! She is pretty cute though. Leon felt a tingle in his stomach of the thought of Marie.