4 Doctor

A man enters the room. He's tall, brown hair with a bit of grey in there. He looks..different than a cop.

"Hello there. My name is doctor Helk. Mind if I look at your wound?"

Crip doesn't speak, just stares daringly.

Helk: "Doesn't trust police enforcement. I wouldn't either having been attacked by a dog."

There's silence.

Helk: "I just need to clean it and see if you need to get stitches at the hospital. Please."

Crip softly nods this time, feeling calmer around this male.

Doctor Helk walks over and sits in front of Crip. The doctor notes his appearance. Black eye, bruises everywhere, some bandaids on his lower arms, minus where the dog mauled them off. He starts by cleaning the wound with his medical kit, and once it's cleaned up, he wraps the wound.

Helk: "Not deep enough for stitches. Should heal on its own in a few days or so. Just try not to open this bandage for any reason other than to clean it."

Crip nods.

Helk: "Look...that dog who attacked you belongs to officer Jameson Banks. He's new, and full of himself. He's convinced you're apart of the gang that robbed that store earlier today. That you lit the billboard on fire. Just looking at you, you don't seem capable of such. You weren't even caught at the scene. What I'm getting at is, if you didn't do it, you have to talk. Fight back. Otherwise he'll try to bury you."

Is he supposed to be the good cop?

Crip: "I didn't do anything. I was out walking." He says calmly.

Helk: "I figured as much. Thank you for your cooperation. I'll return soon."

The doctor leaves the room and heads to the chiefs office.
Officer Banks is standing in there, right in front of the bosses desk when Helk walks in.

Helk: "He's wounded but not bad enough for a hospital."

Chief: "Think he'll sue?"

Helk: "No. I don't think he has the money for that, and no lawyer wants to go against the police department."

Banks: "Why're we worried about a gang member?"

Helk: "You don't know that."

Banks: "I know Duke sniffed him out from the crime scene, and I know a criminal when I see one."

Helk: "-or your dog wanted to please his master, who would take anyone with a mental illness and harass them solely based on their looks and label them as a criminal."

Banks: "Mental illness? Seriously?"

Helk: "I know a patient when I see one, Mr. Banks. I am a licensed psychiatrist."

Banks: "And I am an officer with a job to do-"

Chief: "Enough! Banks, your dog had no grounds to bite this civilian, regardless of what you think. We only release dogs when we are absolutely sure a criminal is running. If this man was not at the scene of the crime, your dog had no right to use force. You overstepped your boundaries officer."

The officer gets quiet, and looks down.

Helk: "What are we gonna do about the civilian?"

Chief: "Tell him he's free to go..hopefully he won't come back looking to sue the department."

Helk: "Yes sir."

The doctor leaves and enters the room with Crip yet again.

Helk: "I'd like to apologize, on behalf of the entire police department. You're free to go."

Crip: "Really? That's it?"
Helk: "Yes, it was the officers mistake. Listen..if you ever need someone to talk to about anything troubling you, I'm a psychiatrist. I'd love to be able to help you."

Crip: "Uh..thanks.." he mumbles. "But I'm fine. I'll be going now."
The doctor watches as Crip stands to his feet.
Helk: "Alright. I need you to sign here. This is showing you are leaving in full health."

Crip leans over the table, taking the pen from Dr. Helk. Then Helk sets a piece of paper down. It looks formal enough, asking for a full name signature.

Crip signs it, and Helk picks it up.
Helk: "Alright Mr...Everett Grey Wilson. You're free to go. Thank you for your cooperation."

Crip nods and exits the room. Then the building. He wants to go home, but he knows the gang is probably freaking out. He should go to the hideout. So he does. He limps all the way there, and luckily everyone's still there. It's getting late though. They must be worrying about him.

He opens the door to see everyone standing around, and then they collectively sigh and speak. It's a lot to take in, but basically they were worried.

Charlie: "You had us worried to death baby."

J-Dog: "You made it."

Knots: "Well well, look who decided to show up."

Finally Switch approaches him, his soft brown eyes narrowing slightly.
Switch: "Thought you were a goner seniorita. Don't scare me like that again."

O'Riley: "Where have you been Crip?" A stern voice calls out, and everyone else is silent.

Crip doesn't speak. He can't say he was with the cops. Though, O'Riley knows full well that Crip would've showed up a lot sooner if he could've.

O'Riley: "My office. Now. Everyone else, go home. You'll get your pay tomorrow."

Everyone obeys, and they grab their things and head out the door. Crip slumps into O'Rileys office, not knowing what to expect from the boss.