27 Hideout

They arrive at a large building. Bigger than the Reapers hideout.

Victor: "This is our hideout. You'll report here every morning, no later than ten. If you're late Red won't be too happy, so please, try not to be late."

Crip: "Got it."

They head inside, where some others are.

"Well look what oddball dragged in~"
A small framed male says. He hair was slicked back, shaved on the sides, and he had a cigarette in-between his fingers.

"Don't believe we've met. They call me Dead, for Deadman."

Crip feels oddly welcome by this guy. He was certainly new, he's never seen him before in his life.

Victor: "This here's Crip."
Dead: "What's Crip stand for?"
Crip: "Cripple..."
Dead: "So you're fucked up then?"
Crip: "Uh..y-yeah, my ankles crippled."

Victor: "He walks with a limp. Kinda cute."
He whispers that last part, and Crip can feel his cheeks warming up. Was he a joke?

Dead: "Hey, I had stunted growth growing up. We're some tough son-of-a-bitches."

Oh. So this guy was sorta crippled as well. Oddly enough, he didn't seem like it. He wasn't too much taller than Crip, but still taller.

Victor: "Right, and that over there is Thad. He's the brains behind our operations. Does a lotta work for the boss."

Crip stares at the man called Thad. He didn't seem like he should be in a gang. In fact, he almost reminded him of Doctor Helk. He looked sophisticated. He was even wearing a scarf. Like who does that in a gang???

"Oh no, do my eyes deceive me?"
They all three turn to spot another male entering the building.

"You got some nerve, walking up in here."

Crip curls his lips back, narrowing his eyes angrily.

Crip: "You've got some nerve being alive."
Victor starts laughing.
Victor: "He's got a point Rat."

Crip: "Rat? That's what you're going by now?"

Rat: "Street Rat to you, you little punk."

Crip: "Rat fits better."

Rat: "Watch it, just because I can't kill you don't mean I can't fuck you up."

Victor: "Actually, boss says nobody's allowed to lay a hand on him."

Rat: "Oh? And I guess you're gonna make sure of that?"

Victor blinks slowly, not even nodding. So he was ordered to be protected by Victor by everyone? Interesting...

Rat: "I really hate that Red puts you in charge of shit. I've been around a hell of a lot longer."

Victor: "Yet you can't follow orders. This is why I've been given the task of watching over Crip here. I intend to do my job Rat, so back off."

That last part was serious, his tone deepened.

Rat: "Fine."

Victor: "Now Crip, if you'll follow me."

Crip hurries to Victors side, and they head for a hallway.

Victor: "That over there is the door to Reds office. Those to the left are bathrooms. There's more upstairs, as well as a drinking room."

Crip: "Why did Red ask you to protect me?"

Victor is quiet for a moment.

Victor: "I know he's tried to kill you and all, but he really is noble to his agreements. If he told O'Riley you wouldn't be harmed, he meant it."

Interesting.