56 Cured

The beatings went on for weeks, and Crip feels worse with each passing day. Why was Jacob doing this to him? To prove something? He said it was all in his head. What'd he mean by that? What'd he want?

Yet again, two inmates come into his cell, grabbing him and dragging him into the dining hall.

Jacob: "Hello Crippy~"

Crip doesn't speak, just stares at him, irritated by his presence.

Jacob: "Today I want you to make me laugh~"

Crip: "Why're you doing this to me?" He chokes out, almost ready to cry. He was exhausted, both mentally and physically.

Jacob frowns: "God you are such a sad sap." He chuckles suddenly, "Beat the little bird."

Crip: "W-Wait!"
Crip shouts, pulling against the inmates holding him back.

Crip: "Y-you said this was all in my mind? Maybe it's all in my mind right now." He points to his head, and the inmates release him, all looking at him curiously.

Crip: "That's right! You're not real. None of this is real. This prison is all in my head." He grabs at invisible bars, pretending to pull on them, grinning wildly as he does so.

Jacob slowly grins.
Jacob: "Okay."
He reaches out and grabs a wooden stick from an inmate.
Jacob: "Maybe you really are nuts~"

He holds the stick back, and swings, but instead of hitting Crip, it hits the invisible bars. It worked. Crip played his little psycho game and he was actually going along with it.

Jacob: "Hm.." he hums, clanking the stick against the invisible bars more. He then drops the stick, and grabs the bars, pulling on them.
Crip: "You want in? Don't you?"

Jacob nods, looking curious.

Crip points to his left, and Jacob emits a "ha~" and goes to the left. Crip then pretends to unlock and open a pretend metal door. Jacob walks in, turning away from Crip and looking around the room.

Crip takes this chance to grab him by the shoulders and push him down with all his might. Once Jacob is down enough Crip knees him in the face, making him fall. He then starts kicking him, over and over, screaming as he does.
Jacobs face was bloody now, and Crip was laughing insanely.

He turns to the others, raising his hands up.
Crip: "Fuck it!" He shouts, only getting quiet as he hears Jacob start laughing loudly.
He was laughing...after that?
Jacob sits up a bit, trying to speak through the laughter.

Jacob: "You did it! I told you it was all in your head!"

Crip: "Don't flatter yourself!" He shouts, embarrassed that he was laughing at him.

Jacob: "One more~"

Crip kicks harshly, sending Jacob back down to the floor. He groans, then laughs more.

Jacob was insane.