39 Finding Victor

Crip ended up going home after the kiss. He had a lot to think about last night. Jake basically confessed his feelings, and knows more than Crip thought.

Yet, his mind seemed to drift to someone else. Someone who's been on his mind since yesterday morning.

Someone who wasn't sitting at the table this morning.

Crip sighs, heading out the door. Why'd he miss the company so much? It's not like Victor cares that much about him.

Right?

Crip sighs again. He was getting worked up.

Things don't get better as he goes throughout his day either.

Charlie: "-and look who it is. Had a talk with the boss."

Crip rolls his eyes.

Charlie: "Don't you wanna know what I said?"

Crip: "Not really no."

Charlie: "You know you've been a real smart-ass ever since you got back."

Crip: "I think you're a smart-ass every day."

Charlie grits his teeth. In hindsight, it wasn't the smartest idea, opening his mouth like that.

It was like, with Victor around, he got this taste of freedom. Freedom to talk back, and fight back. He didn't have to worry about the consequences.

However, when Charlie's fist hit his face he quickly remembered, he didn't have that freedom anymore. He was back to square one. Back to being the punching bag of the group.

Later that evening he stares in the mirror in his house. His fingers gently touch the skin around his eye. Black eye, all swollen and purple...just like usual.

He'd received a few more hits after that, but they weren't as bad. Just a bruised lip and cheekbone.

He looked horrible...

He needed something..

More like, someone. The tenderness that was Victor. He missed him, oddly, but surely. He missed the company. The way he gently touched him, without sexual intent. The way he looked at him, and the way he spoke to him, laughed, smiled.

Crip: "Great..now I'm acting like a bitch."
He groans, rubbing a hand over his forehead.

It wasn't too late. He could probably go to the Phantoms hideout and see if he's there. Then what?

Victor did say he didn't have to wait two weeks.

But it's a sign of weakness...he can't just hunt him down like a hurt puppy. He's becoming too dependent on Victor.

Crip: "I don't need to do that.."
Five seconds later:
"But I want too...."
Five more seconds:
"We're not going."
Even more seconds:
"Fuck I wanna find him..."

UGH. This was pathetic.

"Fuck it. I'm going."
He finally breaks, heading out the door. It wasn't quite dark yet. Maybe he'd still be there.

He reaches the hideout, and enters it, attracting the attention of everyone there.

Pimp: "Well look who it is? You missed us already?"
Crip hated Pimp. He was also around back then, and helped in his punishment.

Crip: "Looking for Victor."

Fire: "Afraid he's left already baby. You can play with me instead~"

Crip: "It's not like that!" He scowls.

Dead: "Back off you guys, if he's looking for Victor, he's looking for Victor."

Crip smiles as Deadman a bit. He was probably his favorite here, besides Victor.

Dead: "Listen, I know where he lives. I can take you out there if you want?"
Crip: "P-please?"

Dead nods, and follows Crip out the door.

Dead: "Victor will be glad to see you."

Crip: "Oh yeah?" He asks curiously.

Dead: "Yeah, he's been looking like a lost puppy not following you around." He laughs a bit. "I think you really made an impression on him."

Victors..missed him too?

Crip takes a moment, then speaks again: "Thank you for standing up for me back there."

Dead: "Anytime man, we gotta stick together."
Crip smiles.

Soon they're at a house, dark bricks, old, and the yard only cut enough to lead to the porch.

Dead: "I'll leave you to it. See ya around."
Crip waves goodbye, then turns to the door. So this was Victors house.

He raises a hand, hesitating to knock. It takes a few minutes, but soon he hears a lock tick. The door pulls open just enough for Victors blue eyes to peer through. A lock is still chained, keeping the door mostly closed. Those eyes widen at the sight.

The door closes again, this time the chain holding it together being unlocked before opened completely.

Victor: "What happened to you?" He asks, obviously concerned.

Crip: "I uh..got beat. It's normal."

Victor smiles.
Victor: "I just left, and you're already getting your ass beat?"

Crip nods: "I forgot my place..."

Victor suddenly frowns.

Victor: "-and who did it?"

Crips eyes shoot open.

Crip: "Ch-Charlie..the guy from my house that night.."

Victor: "Hm. I see."

That's all he said, but his eyes were narrowed, like he was thinking something else.

Victor: "It's good to see you." He says suddenly, smiling.
Victor: "You miss me?"

Crip nods, slowly.

Victor: "Heh."