4

gabbie was a pretty girl with curly brown-blonde. she was shorter than jack, which was funny because jack was already short.

she smiled and waved at us. "hi guys. jack told me all about you four."

"how exactly do you guys know each other?"

daniel elbowed me. i glared at him, rubbing my ribs. okay, maybe it was a little harsh.

but gabbie didn't seem to notice. she laughed. "well when he came back for junior and senior year, we really hit it off. and i was his only friend."

jack fake glared at her. "i had other friends. i just didn't like them as much as you."

i frowned. what does that mean? i felt my throat ache and eyes burn. i cleared my throat. "imma go to the restroom."

i got up and left before anyone said anything.

"are you okay?" jack asked as we change to pajamas.

"why do you keep asking that? i'm fine. everything is fine. gabbie is fine."

"i didn't even say anything about gabbie-is that what this is? are jealous of gabbie?"

i clenched my jaw. "no."

"then what is it-?"

"i'm scared!" i cut him off.

"what?" it was small.

"i'm scared." i whispered.

"scared of what?" he sat next to me.

i couldn't look at him. "i'm scared of loosing you. in high school it was easier. we didn't have to worry about it being public. and now we gotta worry about everyone. and maybe this does have to do with gabbie. it's stupid to think of it now but..."

he was silent. "did you think i was gonna leave you for gabbie?"

i hid my face in my hand. "well you saying it out loud makes it sound more stupid."

"hey," he grabs my face and makes me look at him. he's smiling, "i'm not gonna leave you zach. i love you." he wiped my cheek and kissed me. "i promise."

i blushed. "i love you too."

"awww." i looked to my left and saw the rest of he boys watching us.

lowkey my feelings were all over this place with this